Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sevisin

Old December 27th, 2015, 06:30 PM
The feat replaces the penalties of mainhand and offhand attacks to -2 when using a shield. Instead, it's a -6/-10 instead of a -2/-2.

-S
Sevisin is offline   #421 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 28th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevisin View Post
The feat replaces the penalties of mainhand and offhand attacks to -2 when using a shield. Instead, it's a -6/-10 instead of a -2/-2.

-S
What feat?
Sendric is offline   #422 Reply With Quote
Sevisin

Old December 28th, 2015, 09:01 PM
@Sendric
I guess the title of my post didn't show.
Agile Shield Fighter.

-S
Sevisin is offline   #423 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 28th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Quote:

-S
I'm getting a -4/-4 penalty when testing this, instead of the -2/-2 that it should be, as if the ASF feat isn't active - so something is wrong. I only get the -6/-10 penalty that you have if my character doesn't have 2-Wpn Fighting. (Tested with a heavy shield and Hvy Shield Spec.)

The Agile Shield Fighter feat isn't Community created - I'd report this as a Lone Wolf bug.

Last edited by Dami; December 28th, 2015 at 10:18 PM.
Dami is offline   #424 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 29th, 2015, 05:08 AM
Quote:
@Sendric
I guess the title of my post didn't show.
Agile Shield Fighter.

-S
Yes, you can't title posts within a thread. Also, when posting a bug please also include the source of the feat/class/spell/etc. It makes it easier to locate for fixing. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
I'm getting a -4/-4 penalty when testing this, instead of the -2/-2 that it should be, as if the ASF feat isn't active - so something is wrong. I only get the -6/-10 penalty that you have if my character doesn't have 2-Wpn Fighting. (Tested with a heavy shield and Hvy Shield Spec.)

The Agile Shield Fighter feat isn't Community created - I'd report this as a Lone Wolf bug.
Thanks for the research, Dami. Are you certain this isn't community created? Looks like it's from PHB2 which would have to be a community-created feat. Either way, I'll take a look when I get the chance...probably next week.
Sendric is offline   #425 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 29th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Thanks for the research, Dami. Are you certain this isn't community created? Looks like it's from PHB2 which would have to be a community-created feat. Either way, I'll take a look when I get the chance...probably next week.
It don't show up on a search of d20srd and if its not there I can't add it. PHB2 where I just found it is a no go.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #426 Reply With Quote
Sevisin

Old December 29th, 2015, 08:41 PM
If I find more feat/items/ect bugs, shall I post them here? There have been a number of bugs I located through out my fiddlings with the program.

-S
Sevisin is offline   #427 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 29th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Thanks for the research, Dami. Are you certain this isn't community created? Looks like it's from PHB2 which would have to be a community-created feat. Either way, I'll take a look when I get the chance... probably next week.
Yes, you're correct - it IS community content. I did a web search on the feat to check the details, which said it was D&D 3.5 and I noted that it wasn't in the Players Handbook 1 community file. I didn't think to check PH2. I've looked at it in the editor now (thank goodness for holidays!):

The feat as defined, is little more than a description. There's really only checks on prerequisites - no script, etc to actually make it treat a shield as a light weapon. EDIT: I note that you have added it to the list of things to be fixed.

Last edited by Dami; December 29th, 2015 at 10:51 PM.
Dami is offline   #428 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 30th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Quote:
If I find more feat/items/ect bugs, shall I post them here? There have been a number of bugs I located through out my fiddlings with the program.

-S
Yes, please. This is the community set bug thread so it is the perfect place to report any issues. Thanks.
Sendric is offline   #429 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 30th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Sendric. My current plan is I am going to be adding official Shield Bash's into d20 hopefully in this next update. At that time I can create a new "Helper.xxx" tag that will mimic the behavior you need for "Agile Shield Fighter" using the components. That will make things very easy on your side (ie perform hero.assign[Helper.ShieldTWF]) and less overhead if the background components take care of it correctly.

I can't add the actual "feat" or text but I can add the logic into d20. Will that work? You will also be able to remove the "shield" bash fixes you have in the community pack then.

During this change I think I am going to be adding a new "weapon group" type tag into the system. Something to group together common weapon types like shields, bows, and crossbows. Would it be worth it to expand to blades, maces, polearms? Does anything in 3.5 break down the weapon types like this that you know of? This does mean to have everything work right you may need to go through all the community weapons and "tag" them as the right types. Well at least the shields at first. Thoughts?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #430 Reply With Quote