Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 17th, 2010, 12:11 PM
A v3.8 update for M&M is now out. This is mostly a bug fix release, with some contributions from JDRook also. Here are the changes:

Enhancements & Changes

* Added more NPCs from the Book of Magic (thanks JDRook!)
* Custom Equipment now shows its cost on printed & statblock output.

Bug Fixes

* Attribute bonuses no longer count against Power Level limits for skills, but everything else still does. (This fixes a variety of skill validation errors.)
* The Climbing Kick power now multiplies the cost of all modifiers by 2.
* Fixed the rank limits on some skill challenges.
* Corrected the text of the Reduced Range drawback.

This update requires Hero Lab 3.6b, which we also released yesterday. We recommend everyone download and apply the update, since HL3.6b fixes a crash bug that several people have been running into with multiple heroes.

Enjoy!
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 17th, 2010, 06:57 PM
^_^ Just a wee bit too late to get the recently released Black Avenger into the Silver Age stock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Black Avenger.jpg (40.8 KB, 3 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Black Avenger.zip (28.1 KB, 4 views)
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 17th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Och... and now the question comes up, is there any way of not doubling the modifiers on certain feats and extras? To give an example, Up in the Air should only cost 1 pp because it only applies to the knockback portion. Vampiric should only apply to the damage portion, things like that. Either a way to set it officially for specific extras, or a way to be able to designate a given extra or flaw as "not multiplied" would solve the problem.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old June 18th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Och... and now the question comes up, is there any way of not doubling the modifiers on certain feats and extras? To give an example, Up in the Air should only cost 1 pp because it only applies to the knockback portion. Vampiric should only apply to the damage portion, things like that. Either a way to set it officially for specific extras, or a way to be able to designate a given extra or flaw as "not multiplied" would solve the problem.
Why not just make it a Custom Power Feat or Extra with the same(similar) name and put any "qualifiers" in the Note section of the Power?

Not trying to offend with this question, just wondering because it seems to me the Custom option was made for "special situations" like you describe and to avoid having to put a gazillion "if/then but not when there is a Full Moon on a Tuesday" Fizzbin lines of code into the software.

I acknowledge that I'm guilty of having asked for things.
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 18th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Why not just make it a Custom Power Feat or Extra with the same(similar) name and put any "qualifiers" in the Note section of the Power?

Not trying to offend with this question, just wondering because it seems to me the Custom option was made for "special situations" like you describe and to avoid having to put a gazillion "if/then but not when there is a Full Moon on a Tuesday" Fizzbin lines of code into the software.

I acknowledge that I'm guilty of having asked for things.
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer.
The problem is, unless I missed something, the Custom feat also gets doubled in cost. *wry grin* So you get the exact same effect. Admittedly, I'm 20+ miles away from my HeroLab install, so I might be getting that wrong...
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 18th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Custom Feats & Extras are exempt from the "double cost" rules, exactly for situations like this. In a future update I want to add a tag to normal feats / extras that does the same.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
roguescribner

Old June 18th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Question:

With the new skill update, I've run into a problem with one of my Morph characters. I don't have any ranks assigned to Disguise, and I have no ability bonus for that skill. The Morph power adds a bonus to Disguise (+5/rank) but now that bonus is being capped at +15. Steve Kenson has stated that a reasonable disguise bonus for a morph for you to believably take on a different appearance would be +20. So how does this work now? Should the bonus derived from Morph be capped since it is ostensibly a bonus used only while using that power? It doesn't matter what I morph into now, someone has a shot of realizing it's really me. That doesn't seem right.
roguescribner is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 18th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Huh... yeah, Morph has canonically been uncapped (otherwise you couldn't get much of it). I think Elongation would also not be capped in terms of enhancing your escape artist, although it is more limited. Admittedly, ranks of Morph do have a tendency to make you unable to be spotted (although the Bluff or Perform (Acting) to do the voice is still capped and it only covers visual, auditory, and tactile senses by default.)

Edit: Ah, and Growth bonus to Intimidate isn't limited by PL. ^_^ Aren't we such nice people? You go out of your way to implement the features we want, and then we grouse about all of the corner cases...

Last edited by Duggan; June 18th, 2010 at 09:47 PM.
Duggan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote