Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 9th, 2018, 03:08 PM
NOTE: These release notes are from the 8/2 release last week at Gen Con.

Apologies for not getting the release notes up sooner, as we've all been digging ourselves out of the aftermath of Gen Con. This was a massive undertaking, with most of the work summed up in the very first bullet (it's small, but mighty!)

New Features
  • Adds Pathfinder 2nd Edition Playtest as a second game system
    • Note that you can try out this new game system in Demo mode regardless of whether you've previously purchased Starfinder (or are still using it in demo mode as well)
  • Adds a name search field to the list of items to choose from when adding to a table
  • Adds Condensed Page Layout option to print options dialog in print view. Enabling the option will cause character sheet sections to be printed as much as possible on a single page but some tables will be split across multiple pages.

Changes and Improvements
  • Adds a new game system selection screen for selecting your current game system
  • Adds the option to switch game systems to the app menu and character selection screen
  • Removes the option to set a game system from the Create Character and Add from Library windows (this is now handled automatically by your currently selected game system)
  • Adjusts some general-use screens (e.g. Login, About, Bug Report, Create Account Maintenance) to use a generic LWD theme, when a game system/genre-based theme isn't appropriate.
  • "Buy Now" link for demo accounts now links directly to the store page for purchasing the current game system
  • Currency values in Starfinder, in the "Confirm Sell" window will now assume that the value is in Credits and display a raw number
  • Changes unidentified lead errors from ambiguous "Character Not Found" to "Unable to load this character at the moment. Please refresh and try again."
  • Improved the efficiency of loading items to choose from when adding to tables.
  • Some fields (e.g. starting level) will be read only in demo game systems
  • Corrected capitalization and spacing of some spinning "Loading..." indicators
  • Basic roller gets some of the features of the advanced roller
  • Adds a login response message if a new account hasn't yet been received by the Hero Lab Online server
  • Adds a login response message if the account isn't authorized to log in to that server

Bug fixes
  • Fixes internationalization resources and browser "favicons" inadvertently being re-requested over and over while navigating through the app. This should result in snappier navigation, as well as some reduced bandwidth usage.
  • Fixes custom currency input fields not aligning correctly on the "Confirm Sell" window
  • Corrects the misalignment of wealth, bulk, encumbered, and overburdened cells on Equipment tabs
  • Fixes color on Starfinder fields with PF2E theming update
  • Fixes validation messages showing on items in table rows sometimes not spanning the full width of the table
  • Fixes bug where user could not sell an item for more than total currency
  • Smaller screens will no longer require two clicks to select or delete an image from the portrait gallery
  • Adds ability to move equipment to followers that do not yet have a name set

Last edited by Joe; August 9th, 2018 at 03:14 PM.
Joe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 9th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
[*] Changes unidentified lead errors from ambiguous "Character Not Found" to "Unable to load this character at the moment. Please refresh and try again."
I got this new message this weekend when I was helping one of my players with his PF2 character. He was like "what do I do" and I was like "try doing a refresh". LOL We did and boom everything started to work again and we could load the character.

Just wanted to say that helpful error messages are very much appreciated!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 13th, 2018, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I got this new message this weekend when I was helping one of my players with his PF2 character. He was like "what do I do" and I was like "try doing a refresh". LOL We did and boom everything started to work again and we could load the character.

We're still working on WHY this one happens sometimes (it shouldn't be), but figured we didn't want to panic people with thinking their character is gone.
Joe is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
vardeman

Old August 13th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post

Helpful error messages are helpful!
vardeman is offline   #4 Reply With Quote