Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

adamzeliasz

Old May 4th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I was playing around with the demo and it let me create a Dragon Disciple at 5th level without telling me that there's a problem with that.

I took 3 levels of fighter, 1 level sorcerer, and the next was Dragon Disciple prestige. You're not suppose to be able to take that prestige until you have 5 ranks in Knowledge:Arcana. I thought the book says you have to meet all the requirements for your prestige class BEFORE you obtain your new level.

Am I missing something? Thanks!
adamzeliasz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 4th, 2010, 09:28 AM
When I add Ftr 3, Sor 1 to a character, the Dragon Disciple is still greyed out. When I add 5 ranks of Knowledge: Arcana, it notifies me of the error that I've added more ranks than I have hit dice.

If I leave the skill ranks higher than they should be and take the Draconic language, Dragon Disciple is no longer greyed out, since the skill and language requirements are fulfilled, but the error about the skill ranks is still present.

What exactly are you seeing?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 4th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Hero Lab will allow you to break the rules freely. If you do break the rules, then a validation error is reported, but that's it. You can review the list of validation errors by clicking on the glowing exclamation point in the upper right corner. Is the error not listed there?

Hero Lab works this way so that it can readily accommodate the vast majority of "house rules" that individual GMs employ for their games. Instead of making everyone obey the official rules, you can break the rules freely, but Hero Lab will then report the corresponding validation error. That way, players and GMs can quickly verify that a character complies with all "house rules" by just looking at the validation report.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
adamzeliasz

Old May 4th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I just created a Dragon Disciple 1, Fighter of 3, and a Sorcerer of 1. There is no icon in the top right corner and nothing is grayed out. Even at the bottom next to the green diamond it says that "All Validation Rules Are Satisfied."

Under skills I have 5 ranks selected, and when I go 1 over it turns red with the exclamation point like it should.

Any thoughts?

Also is there a way to Show the AC when I cast the Shield Spell? I want to see what the AC calculation would be with Armor, Feats, and the Spell...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (433.3 KB, 6 views)
adamzeliasz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
adamzeliasz

Old May 5th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Or maybe it is possible to take the prestige at 5th level...
adamzeliasz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 5th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Try deleting the dragon disciple class, adjust the skills and feats, and then see if the class is still available to take.

You must have added the class before setting the skill points - with the level of Dragon Disciple added, the character is allowed to add up to 5 skill points to each skill, meaning that with Dragon Disciple added, the character can be created in a way that he qualifies for Dragon Disciple.

The program is checking the current state of the character. It can't determine which skill points were applied before dragon disciple was selected.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 5th, 2010, 09:02 AM
On the adjust tab, select the "Armor Class" adjustment from the "Temporary Adustments" list - you can use that to add a bonus to your armor class.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
adamzeliasz

Old May 5th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I'll give that a shot when I get home.

What I'm trying to see is if Two Weapon Defense stacks with the Shield spell, so a temporary adjustment won't calculate it correctly.

Another question I had before I buy is how much does additional "data packages" cost for Pathfinder? When I went into the update, it had a list of additional supplements which were un-checked, but I had to login before purchasing to see the pricing.
adamzeliasz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 5th, 2010, 09:42 AM
The only supplement that's currently available for Pathfinder is the Bestiary - $14.99 - see other threads on this forum for the details of what that contains.

Both the spell and the feat apply a shield bonus, so you'll want to apply an adjustment of 1 less than normal, since they don't stack.

Choosing the modifier being adjusted is on my to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote