Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

alientude

Old April 18th, 2018, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I think it was August of 2019 all support for PF1 ends.
Not entirely accurate. Paizo is planning on continuing to print and sell the PF1 Core Rulebook, and I believe other rule books, in their softcover pocket editions (and PDF, I'm sure) as long as they are profitable. No new official content will be released, however.
alientude is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 18th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alientude View Post
Not entirely accurate. Paizo is planning on continuing to print and sell the PF1 Core Rulebook, and I believe other rule books, in their softcover pocket editions (and PDF, I'm sure) as long as they are profitable. No new official content will be released, however.
Ah yes thanks for making that part clear for everyone. No new stuff is going to happen from Paizo for PF1. They even did say hard-back books will be available for awhile and "maybe" depending on sales do another print run.

Just to be 100% clear no one from Paizo is going to come to your home and take away your PF1 books.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old April 18th, 2018, 02:20 PM
And I believe all PF1 PDF's will remain available. And of course, d20pfsrd isn't going anywhere (the current plan is adding a new subdomain for PF2).
Fuzzy is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 18th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Just to be 100% clear no one from Paizo is going to come to your home and take away your PF1 books.
They'll pry my rpg books from my cold, dead, ink-smeared hands!
Aaron is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 18th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Hopefully third party companies continue to produce P1 content. There is a lot of good stuff out there.
Ualaa is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old April 18th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Hopefully third party companies continue to produce P1 content. There is a lot of good stuff out there.
Hopefully third party companies produce PF2 content instead. There is already so much PF1 content it would be decades before I run out.

I am really looking forward to this, I have been playing 3.x for 17+ years I need a change! I really want to play a new system, but most of my gaming friends are averse to change. Took me buying them the core rule book to get them to switch to Pathfinder. Probably need to do the same again here.
Toblakai is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 18th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Hopefully third party companies produce PF2 content instead. There is already so much PF1 content it would be decades before I run out.
If they are smart they could easily produce the product for both PF1 and PF2 especially if its a module/adventure. Rule crunch would be harder to do for both but not impossible. Guess it would depend on how many people would actually buy PF1 stuff if its worth it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
I am really looking forward to this, I have been playing 3.x for 17+ years I need a change! I really want to play a new system, but most of my gaming friends are averse to change.
This part I totally get. I realized the other day I have been DMing every two weeks for the last 14 years with no breaks! I found and dealt with every issue 3.X can give and if I was to stay with PF1 I would have had to more heavily invested in house-rules to smooth out low level and high level play.

But now I am hopeful that I don't have to do that!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old April 18th, 2018, 11:38 PM
Quote:
If they are smart they could easily produce the product for both PF1 and PF2 especially if its a module/adventure. Rule crunch would be harder to do for both but not impossible. Guess it would depend on how many people would actually buy PF1 stuff if its worth it or not.
I'm guessing a lot of that will simply depend on how PF2 is received in general. So far, I'm liking a lot of it. I'm not entirely happy about the way 'monsters' and 'NPC's' appear to be mechanically different things than PC's. That's still a pretty rough point for me with 5e, and am worried to see PF2 go a similar route - but there hasn't been any real details about that part so far, so it's not a major factor yet.
Fuzzy is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old April 19th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I'm guessing a lot of that will simply depend on how PF2 is received in general. So far, I'm liking a lot of it. I'm not entirely happy about the way 'monsters' and 'NPC's' appear to be mechanically different things than PC's. That's still a pretty rough point for me with 5e, and am worried to see PF2 go a similar route - but there hasn't been any real details about that part so far, so it's not a major factor yet.
It would be fascinating to see if this could be done using layers or some other technique in PDFs. For example, Paizo already has interactive maps in PDF form, where clicking a button removes GM-only information from the map, or clicking another button toggles a grid.

What if a checkbox could toggle PF1 vs. PF2 rules crunch in the PDF? So the default state would be for PF2, but check the box and those statblocks become PF1 statblocks. (Probably would be nice to have a summary of all PF1 and/or all PF2 statblocks at the end of the book, since I have no idea how printing works with these types of PDFs. They probably print whatever is currently displayed on the screen, but I'm not positive.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai
I hear that! I've got a charter subscription to Paizo's Adventure Path so I have all of the AP's in print and PDF form! I've only GM'd two and I've played in two others (and one more that is on-going). I've enough content to last the rest of my life!

Of course, the LW datasets to support that in HL would cost me $$$ and that's where I'm torn. I don't plan to pick up any more, but that could change if a group of players were really interested in one of the APs. (Probably have them chip in to pay for it. )
Azhrei is online now   #89 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old April 19th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Of course, the LW datasets to support that in HL would cost me $$$ and that's where I'm torn. I don't plan to pick up any more, but that could change if a group of players were really interested in one of the APs. (Probably have them chip in to pay for it. )
"Return of the Runelords" the next AP coming out may be my last.
Toblakai is offline   #90 Reply With Quote