Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 5th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputang View Post
How can you use Herolab to make and run encounters? Up to this point, I've only used it to make single PC characters.
You can add multiple characters to a single portfolio. So create a new portfolio and name it something like "Encounter #1". Add all the various NPCs and monsters associated with the encounter to the portfolio. Save the portfolio with everything in it.

During the game, when the PCs reach Encounter #1, go to the Portfolio menu and select the option to "Import Hero from Portfolio". Now select the "Encounter #1" portfolio you created earlier. All the NPCs and monsters for the encounter will be listed and you can import all of them with a couple mouse clicks. At this point, all of them are now accessible within the Tactical Console for use.

When the encounter is completed, go to the Portfolio menu and select the "Delete Multiple" option. Then delete the various creatures from Encounter #1, leaving the PCs in place. You're now ready to repeat the process for Encounter #2.

Hope this helps....
rob is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old May 5th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Will the new monster races or creatures from the Adventure Paths be added at any point in the future? If so, would there be conversions from the 3.5 APs?
djc664 is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 5th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I do intend to add the monsters from the Adventure Paths that were published under the Pathfinder rules, although I don't know when I'll have the time to do so.

Conversions of the SRD adventure path monsters are not very likely - there are just too many judgement calls involved in the conversion process.
Mathias is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
RedBeardSean

Old May 5th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Is there a way to set up multiple-beastie encounters so that it calculates CRs?
RedBeardSean is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old May 5th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Conversions of the SRD adventure path monsters are not very likely - there are just too many judgement calls involved in the conversion process.
Fair enough! Thought to check before I started on them for my game in August.

Thanks!
djc664 is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old May 5th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Im making some of them my self if you want (the ones used during Second Darkness)
Virtue is offline   #36 Reply With Quote