Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 29th, 2010, 04:09 AM
I am trying to enter the Shadow Scout PrC from wayfinder#1 and ran into a few issues I just not sure about.

The first is I have a Class Special that at 4th level Bootstraps on a Sorcerer Bloodline ability that is also a Class Special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy of Shadow
If a shadow scout has sorcerer levels with the shadow bloodline the levels from both classes stack for the purposes of determining his bloodline powers and bonus spells known. If the shadow scout does not have levels of sorcerer or is a sorcerer of a bloodline other than the shadow bloodline, he instead gains bloodline powers and bonus spells of a shadow bloodline sorcerer of level equal to his shadow scout level.
I am getting a error message I don't understand. See attached image for the error. Its talking about a line number on a script, but neither ability currently has a script. So very confused on how to fix this. Is this just an issue that a class ability can't bootstrap another Class Special ability?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HL_Error1.jpg (19.1 KB, 4 views)
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 29th, 2010, 04:12 AM
My 2nd issue is with another ability that is suppose to allow the PrC to stack its levels to the Sorcerer for the purposes of the Bloodline Powers and bonus spells. Just can't seem to figure this one out. I thought it would be easy as the Dragon Disciple has a very similar ability called "Blood of Dragons", but turns out the PrC in HL is not fully updated to PrC and so no ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy of Shadow
If a shadow scout has sorcerer levels with the shadow bloodline the levels from both classes stack for the purposes of determining his bloodline powers and bonus spells known. If the shadow scout does not have levels of sorcerer or is a sorcerer of a bloodline other than the shadow bloodline, he instead gains bloodline powers and bonus spells of a shadow bloodline sorcerer of level equal to his shadow scout level.
As the Dragon Disciple PrC does not do this is this something that is not currently possible in HL?

Thanks
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 29th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Only a class or a custom class special can bootstrap a class special - the script that's giving you errors is the one that determines which class is the parent and calculates xTotalLev.

I'd suggest checking out the Pathfinder Chronicler prestige class, too - that adds to quite a lot of bard abilities. For both Pathfinder Chronicler and Dragon Disciple, the level stacking is in the bootstraps - the prestige classes bootstrap the same abilities that the base classes do. Unless a class special is specially marked as having multiple independant copies, duplicate class specials in Hero Lab automatically stack themselves.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 1st, 2010, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Only a class or a custom class special can bootstrap a class special - the script that's giving you errors is the one that determines which class is the parent and calculates xTotalLev.
Your saying a "Class Special" can bootstrap another "Class Special" and that is what I was doing when it causes the error. So looks like only a Class can then? Did you mean "Custom Ability" when you said "custom class special". too much similar wording or just getting tired.

Quote:
I'd suggest checking out the Pathfinder Chronicler prestige class, too - that adds to quite a lot of bard abilities. For both Pathfinder Chronicler and Dragon Disciple, the level stacking is in the bootstraps - the prestige classes bootstrap the same abilities that the base classes do. Unless a class special is specially marked as having multiple independent copies, duplicate class specials in Hero Lab automatically stack themselves.
I agree that using the Dragon Disciple as a template would be GREAT if it was not the 3.5 version that is in HL. The Pathfinder PrC did help out and with some more messing around I was able to correctly get it working. Thanks again Mathias for a shove in the right direction.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 1st, 2010, 10:42 AM
Custom Class Specials - like a sorcerer's bloodlines, a wizard's schools, cavalier orders, can add class specials. Class specials cannot add other class specials.

I spent more than a day getting the Dragon Disciple to work. The existing version works, whether you have sorcerer levels or not.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 1st, 2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
I spent more than a day getting the Dragon Disciple to work. The existing version works, whether you have sorcerer levels or not.
So I took more than 30sec look and I finally see what you are saying. I was looking for the Specific Ability "Blood of Dragons" and when I saw Claws it looked like the 3.5 version. What is actually happening is you have bootstrapped on each of the bloodline abilities from the Dragon Bloodline. Which the first thing is Claws 3+/day. HL only displays one copy of an ability if it shows up on two different classes....

It does work correctly of course, but is a little confusing when I looked at it is all. I think we are finally 100% on the same page now. And I of course bow your awesomeness!

Thanks
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 4th, 2010, 01:24 PM
New PrC question. I have a new PrC I am putting in and at level two its suppose to get Bravery the same ability as a Fighter and should stack. So I bootstrapped on the Fighter ability to the PrC. When their is no Fighter Base class this ability works fine and shows up with +1.

The issue is when I have even one level of Fighter base class the PrC suddenly activates the fighters level 2 Bravery ability and totals them together to give me +2 not +1.

Currently I created a new copy of the Bravery ability with a new Unique ID that I added to the PrC and that sort of works. The bonuses total correctly except when their are fighter levels two Different Bravery abilities show up instead of one. Which makes sense as they are both unique abilities. I guess the player can just total them together, but seems messy.

Is their something I am missing or need to add to get the Bravery ability to stack correctly with the fighter levels?

Thanks
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 4th, 2010, 01:37 PM
It looks like there's a missing checkbox in the editor for class abilities - I'll get that added in the next update.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote