Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 8th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjon Smithson View Post
Page 89 of Knot of Thorns gives characters a +2 skill bonus per level.
As khaoz said. Go the "Personal" tab in HL and put in the adjustment "Skill Points/Level".

Quote:
and page 91-93 has a bunch of Crimes of the Forsaken that give various benefits.
My questions are have these been included in the community pack material, or do I need to create them individually? And if included, where do I find them in the program?
Open your character. Press "CTRL-K" to open the "Configure Your Hero" window. Make sure "Way of the Wicked" is check marked. Then go to the "Feats" tab and add a new 'Trait' and at the very top type in "Way of the Wicked" to see all the traits that can be taken.

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #871 Reply With Quote
Arjon Smithson

Old December 9th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Thank for that, both of you
I have both of my questions fixed for my character now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoz View Post
This are actually in the Traits, as Crimes, you could search for "Category: Crimes" or "Way of the Wicked" and if I remember correctly, the Crimes won't cost you one Trait slot.
The Crimes do charge a trait slot, but I just fixed this with an additional trait 'personal adjustment'.
Arjon Smithson is offline   #872 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old December 9th, 2016, 10:12 PM
Generally, for a campaign, I make a template.

Pretty much take a base/blank new hero.
Enable/disable sources to taste.

Put in things like extra skill points, additional traits, flaws, hero points whatever...
Set the point buy, starting gold.

Basically everything is set, to what the starting character will have, prior to picking things like attributes, race, class, feats, etc.

Then I just import the 'Template' within whatever campaign folder we're using (I have a folder for each campaign).
The new character has the correct adjustments already in place, without needing to tinker about on a per character basis.
Ualaa is offline   #873 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 10th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Quote:
The Crimes do charge a trait slot, but I just fixed this with an additional trait 'personal adjustment'.
If "Crime" traits are not suppose to cost a trait thats a bug I should fix. I guess I missed that in the book. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Generally, for a campaign, I make a template
This is what I do for all my campaigns also. I then distribute this Template.por file with my shadow d20 data set to my players. They can then start from a character that has all the options correctly set for that campaign.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #874 Reply With Quote
Arjon Smithson

Old December 10th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If "Crime" traits are not suppose to cost a trait thats a bug I should fix. I guess I missed that in the book. Sorry!
Don't apologise for missing a small issue in the huge task you have done. I take my hat off to you and all the others that have done this enormous job over the years, and you got paid so much for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
This is what I do for all my campaigns also. I then distribute this Template.por file with my shadow d20 data set to my players. They can then start from a character that has all the options correctly set for that campaign.
Thanks Ualaa, for the idea. Just getting comfortable with the program at this stage and converting my existing characters over, but I can see how efficient that would be next time we start a game.
Arjon Smithson is offline   #875 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 11th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Don't apologise for missing a small issue in the huge task you have done. I take my hat off to you and all the others that have done this enormous job over the years, and you got paid so much for it.
So I am reading over the first pdf of the WotW. It says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WotW Knot of Thorns pg90
Further, every character must choose a crime that landed in them in Branderscar. They were not wrongly imprisoned -- they are guilty of their charge. If you are using the trait system in the Advanced Player’s Guide, choosing this crime counts as one of your traits.
Is my PDF out of date or something? Or where does it say that crime traits don't count against your 2 traits?

I just want to make a note of it in the ticket so that I can point others to it if I get asked. But I can't find it....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #876 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old December 11th, 2016, 12:46 PM
My copy is the same as yours... well the 'Paths to Wickedness: How to Make a Villain' is near the end of the document (page 88, onwards), but has the exact wording you quoted.
Ualaa is offline   #877 Reply With Quote
Arjon Smithson

Old December 11th, 2016, 07:23 PM
<Rereads his book and shakes his head>

Both you gentleman are correct. Myself and 3 other players had managed to read this incorrectly, and there was ShadowChemosh apologising for a bug that wasn't.

I am sorry - Thank you both for your help (and I did learn a lot more about efficient ways to use HeroLab during the process).
Arjon Smithson is offline   #878 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old December 11th, 2016, 07:58 PM
Hi Shadow, I submitted a bug report to LW regarding 2-Handed Fighter's Overhand Chop and Backswing abilities. I letting you know that you should make the same adjustment in your Community Pack. It appears that the benefit for these 2 abilities are added together, when they shouldn't since Overhand Chop should be only for a single-attack actions (2x Str bonus only on 1st attack) and Backswing only for full-attack actions (2x Str bonus on 2nd and subsequent attacks). Further, it seems that this ability is not available as an adjustment unless Community Pack adjustments are loaded. Maybe a meeting of the minds between yourself and LW?
Krothos is offline   #879 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 11th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
Hi Shadow, I submitted a bug report to LW regarding 2-Handed Fighter's Overhand Chop and Backswing abilities. I letting you know that you should make the same adjustment in your Community Pack. It appears that the benefit for these 2 abilities are added together, when they shouldn't since Overhand Chop should be only for a single-attack actions (2x Str bonus only on 1st attack) and Backswing only for full-attack actions (2x Str bonus on 2nd and subsequent attacks).
Guess I am going to need more information. I just tried out the adjustment and it seems to be working fine.

Is your issue that I made the adjustment "one" thing instead of two? Cause making it be two different activations for Overhand/Backswing seems pointless. From the point of view of HL they do the exact same thing.

HL has no way of understanding Full-Round vs Standard Action. So I see no use in making two different activation when the script logic is "exactly" the same which is 2x Str damage instead of 1.5x Str. Its up to the player to know if they are making a Full-Attack or a Standard Action attack. Which really only seems to matter at level 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
Further, it seems that this ability is not available as an adjustment unless Community Pack adjustments are loaded. Maybe a meeting of the minds between yourself and LW?
Sense I made the adjustment to help out the community it makes perfect sense that it only exists in the community Pack. I am totally lost on what your trying to say here?

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #880 Reply With Quote