Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 3rd, 2016, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
A friend of mine wants to use the Community Pack, but he is missing some packages. Which data packages does the Community Pack depend on? I couldn't find any info and the hint that they are mentioned in the installation notes is no longer valid.
Due to changes in the HL.exe program we no longer need to worry about "dependent" packages anymore. Load it up on ANY one's system. What happens now is if something needs a spell, feat, racial ability or Thing from a licensed package you will get a "warning" message of what book is required. But everything loads and everything else will function correctly.

That was why I went to a "single" pack and no longer any notes on "required" packages.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 5th, 2016 at 09:14 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #791 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 3rd, 2016, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
We looked into this and it looks like the Helper.Static tags on the touch attack / ranged touch attack are what's stopping them from appearing in the list? In our data files, we've only ever used those tags on things that should never be added to the hero, like wRay and wTouch. Our intent has always been that anything with those tags would never be added by users, but we may have only implemented that recently.

If you want the touch attacks to be selectable like any normal weapon, I think the right thing to do would just be to remove those tags from them? Were you trying to do anything specific with those tags, or did you pick them up just by copying wRay / wTouch to create your touch attacks?

Hope this helps!
Sweet thanks! I added Helper.Static at one point (note my Touch/Ranged Touch I think even pre-dates wRay/wTouch) to prevent them from being selected by many search expressions. I found by default most drop downs ignore Picks with Helper.Static. Though at this time I don't remember any specific examples of "exactly" what I was trying to fix.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #792 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 5th, 2016, 10:01 AM
The release of the new "Pathfinder Pack" version 1.4 is out!

v1.4 September 5, 2016

Bug Fixes
  • Path of War Expanded (Jamel Neal Rose) - Updated "Elemental Sun" feat text and pre-reqs to match the final book.
  • Path of War Expanded (Jamel Neal Rose) - Updated "Martial Charge" feat category to match the final book.
  • Path of War Expanded (Jamel Neal Rose) - Fix text typos from Bushi archetype.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #56 Fix Un-sourced Adjustment "Bonus Feat".
  • Touch Attacks (ShadowChemosh) - Fix issue where one can no longer select Touch/Ranged Attacks. In addition if they already existed on a character make the attack values display again.
New Features
  • Path of War Expanded (Jamel Neal Rose) - Added new archetype "War Path".
Data File Authoring
  • (ShadowChemosh) - Made global change to race "Types" so that they continue to function with the next official Pathfinder update (v13.3+).
  • (ShadowChemosh) - Added additional removal of old SGG files.
  • (ShadowChemosh) - Add in missing Empty MODERN files to make those updating on Mac/Windows to be easier.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #793 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old September 5th, 2016, 11:15 AM
I don't know how to fix this. After installing the Pathfinder Pack 1.4, now Hero Lab is "compiling data files" with every startup. Are my data files corrupted and I have to reinstall?
Krothos is offline   #794 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 5th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Krothos, when it gives you an error message, you should be able to right-click and copy that message, and then paste it here - having the entire message, with any details it includes, is important to figuring out what's going on.
Mathias is offline   #795 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old September 5th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Isn't "Compiling Data Files for Game System.. Please Wait" a normal message? There's no error or issue... that's just how it works?
Silveras is offline   #796 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old September 5th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Krothos, when it gives you an error message, you should be able to right-click and copy that message, and then paste it here - having the entire message, with any details it includes, is important to figuring out what's going on.
There is no error message. The compiling data files completes successfully. I'm just concerned where this is happening now every time I start HL, where it only occurred the first time after downloading and installing an update. It now takes HL 2-3 minutes to load where it would load in less than 1 minute after selecting Pathfinder Game System.

Further with every start up, HL is showing "NEW UPDATES" in the upper-right corner now even though I've download all available updates. I click on that link, the view updates windows doesn't have any exclamation points on any of the available files, and then HL reports "No New Updates" in the upper-right corner after closing the updates window.

Last edited by Krothos; September 5th, 2016 at 02:50 PM.
Krothos is offline   #797 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old September 5th, 2016, 02:53 PM
UPDATE... Restarting again for the approximately 12th time after installing Pathfinder Pack 1.14, HL has now stopped with the Compiling Data Files issue. Guess what ever the issue was fixed itself. Sorry to bother.
Krothos is offline   #798 Reply With Quote
JHale1966

Old September 5th, 2016, 04:36 PM
OK - dumb question.

I have downloaded the Pack (1.4) and installed and finally getting around to actually looking at it and wondering about the content under Paizo Adventures. I was hoping maybe they were encounter sets as I'm building up Crypt of the Everflame and would possibly use the stuff under Master of The Fallen Fortress. I have them checked but I can't find where anything is regarding those sections.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
JHale1966 is offline   #799 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 6th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHale1966 View Post
OK - dumb question.

I have downloaded the Pack (1.4) and installed and finally getting around to actually looking at it and wondering about the content under Paizo Adventures. I was hoping maybe they were encounter sets as I'm building up Crypt of the Everflame and would possibly use the stuff under Master of The Fallen Fortress. I have them checked but I can't find where anything is regarding those sections.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
No dumb questions. What you are looking for are the encounter files for AP's and modules. You can find a good number of them HERE on the d20pfsrd repository site. I don't include them in the download because as of last size check it was 1.5gigs. No one wants to download 1.5gig download each time I update.

Download the zip file and you will find a .por file for each encounter in the module. you can then use the menu option "Portfolio->Import Hero" to get the NPC's into HL.

By turning on the "Source" in configure your hero you have access to the monsters/items from the module. That would let you easily customize the monster if you wish.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #800 Reply With Quote