Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

JHale1966

Old September 6th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Thank you!
JHale1966 is offline   #801 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 9th, 2016, 05:18 AM
Looks like the "Superstition" class ability from the "COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Classes" file has an error in how it determines the bonus to saves.

The core files version uses the following script:

Code:
field[abValue].value += round(field[xTotalLev].value / 4, 0, -1) + 2
The community version uses:

Code:
field[abValue].value += round(field[xTotalLev].value / 4, 0, -1) + #value[cBbnSupers]
This just about doubles the benefit. For example, I have a Level 16 Dwarf Barbarian who should be getting a +6 bonus (2 + levels/4), but with the community version is receiving +10 (2 + levels/4 from core + levels/4 from community).
Sendric is offline   #802 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 9th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Looks like the "Superstition" class ability from the "COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Classes" file has an error in how it determines the bonus to saves.

The core files version uses the following script:

Code:
field[abValue].value += round(field[xTotalLev].value / 4, 0, -1) + 2
The community version uses:

Code:
field[abValue].value += round(field[xTotalLev].value / 4, 0, -1) + #value[cBbnSupers]
This just about doubles the benefit. For example, I have a Level 16 Dwarf Barbarian who should be getting a +6 bonus (2 + levels/4), but with the community version is receiving +10 (2 + levels/4 from core + levels/4 from community).
That means the core version changed again. So originally I was looking at just getting any "bonuses" from the CORE ability. As I had found some "Things" can add to your superstition value. Now it sets its value into abValue instead that or the Timing of the script changed in the CORE ability.

Will have to adjust the script know just take and use the abValue from cBbnSupers instead.

The whole idea was that I wanted to allow for the ability to turn ON/OFF but I wanted any scripts adjusting the value of Superstition in HL to still work. Without needing to use Replace Thing ID.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #803 Reply With Quote
Tizzar

Old September 18th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Is there a way to increase a rangers favorite enemy/upgrade picks? I have look in the adjustment from ShadowChemosh and the community pack but I have had no luck.

Jason
Tizzar is offline   #804 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 18th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzar View Post
Is there a way to increase a rangers favorite enemy/upgrade picks? I have look in the adjustment from ShadowChemosh and the community pack but I have had no luck.

Jason
Nope no such adjustment currently exists. I can add it to the to-do list but it could be awhile.

The script is pretty simple though. Here is an example script adding 1 upgrade for terrain/enemy. Run it at Post-Level/10000
Code:
hero.child[resEnemUpg].field[resMax].value += 1
hero.child[resTerrUpg].field[resMax].value += 1

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #805 Reply With Quote
Rednal

Old September 18th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Speaking of a "to do" list, how practical do you think it would be to have a 'Blank' class you could take levels in, with drop-down menus to select things like hit dice size, saving throw speeds, and BAB speed? It's no substitute for fully programming a class, but if you're using that and the 'Customize' options (for NPCs... wish that was enabled for normal PCs, too), you could effectively kludge together a class that's not actually in the system...
Rednal is offline   #806 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old September 18th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Would it be possible to add the ability to add evolutions?
Dwayne is offline   #807 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 19th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednal View Post
Speaking of a "to do" list, how practical do you think it would be to have a 'Blank' class you could take levels in, with drop-down menus to select things like hit dice size, saving throw speeds, and BAB speed? It's no substitute for fully programming a class, but if you're using that and the 'Customize' options (for NPCs... wish that was enabled for normal PCs, too), you could effectively kludge together a class that's not actually in the system...
Hmmm... Thinking about this a little I don't see it being that useful. Even if I "could" get it to work. Classes are very unique in what they do especially with how each special ability works. I am not seeing a "generic" class with no specials being that helpful for anyone....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #808 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old September 19th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Would it be possible to add the ability to add evolutions?
Can you give more details about this? Are you asking to add brand new evoltuions? If that is the case you have to use the editor.

If you mean the "number" of evolutions a Eidolon gets then I think that is already in HL. Hmmm actually after looking it is not. I am really sort of surprised at this point that it has not been added.

I can add that to the adjustments to-do list.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #809 Reply With Quote
blzbob

Old September 19th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Hmmm... Thinking about this a little I don't see it being that useful. Even if I "could" get it to work. Classes are very unique in what they do especially with how each special ability works. I am not seeing a "generic" class with no specials being that helpful for anyone....
This could be very useful for the Talented classes from Rogue Genius Games.
blzbob is offline   #810 Reply With Quote