Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

taxboy

Old December 31st, 2015, 04:04 PM
Sorry if this questions has been asked before but i could not find it.

I am setting up my third realm - with the Tales of the Demon Lord Campaign.

It is going well but is there an easy way to automatically force rescans of links through out all content. Really handy as the content grows.

Loving the View mechanic by the way.
taxboy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 31st, 2015, 09:58 PM
Edit topic, add space to a snippet, delete space from snippet, save. This forces re-scan. You must do for each topic you want to re-scan.

My advice is to start with locales, then NPCs then content to minimize rescanning.
AEIOU is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 31st, 2015, 11:19 PM
Alternatively: F7, Quick Edit Content, Scan for New Content Links... to scan for links in a single Topic/Article.

But no, there's no way to rescan in all content.

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 1st, 2016, 06:59 AM
The best solution is ctrl-q. Select phrases that will eventually become topics in snippets and press ctrl-q to create those topics and link to them while creating the topic you are working on ATM. Then you can fill in the details of those topics as you get the time, by default they will be tagged as empty so they are easy to find.
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
taxboy

Old January 1st, 2016, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
The best solution is ctrl-q. Select phrases that will eventually become topics in snippets and press ctrl-q to create those topics and link to them while creating the topic you are working on ATM. Then you can fill in the details of those topics as you get the time, by default they will be tagged as empty so they are easy to find.
Thanks for this advice - i have to think about how I use it.

At the moment, I am populating the various maps and cities with containers. I do that by duplicating the entry under the parent container for ease.
Now I know (relearn) about Control Q I will give it a go and see how it fits into the way I am populating the Realm.
taxboy is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
taxboy

Old January 1st, 2016, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Edit topic, add space to a snippet, delete space from snippet, save. This forces re-scan. You must do for each topic you want to re-scan.

My advice is to start with locales, then NPCs then content to minimize rescanning.
Thank you for this advice.
taxboy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 1st, 2016, 01:46 PM
Ctrl-Q is definitely the way to go if you know that something will become its own topic eventually. kbs666 nailed it with that tidbit that I just use without thinking anymore.
AEIOU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
taxboy

Old January 1st, 2016, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Ctrl-Q is definitely the way to go if you know that something will become its own topic eventually. kbs666 nailed it with that tidbit that I just use without thinking anymore.
Ok, just used it - really handy how it pre populates he highlighted text and makes it easy to create and forget.

Using to create people as I work my way through the lands
taxboy is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 1st, 2016, 06:57 PM
Quote:
This should be the first thing in the tutorial IMO. I use it a lot both in my own realm and in the data entry work I do for a publisher.

When I'm creating new content for my own realm when I'm writing it helps that after coming up with new stuff I can easily look over a snippet and see what will need its own topic and create it right then and there.

When I'm copying and pasting from a PDF it is very useful to be able to create topics referenced in snippets even if the descriptive material appears far later in the material.
kbs666 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote