Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Freewolf

Old November 30th, 2017, 11:17 AM
So I am customizing my Drow for my Eberron campaign. I copy the existing Drow and everything is fine. However the main thing I wanted to do was remove the Hand Crossbow. When I do so and I use the Drow in a portfolio, i get this error.

The thing is I am not using any Eval Scripts of Eval rules, so i am not sure what it is refering to.

Anyone have any ideas what I am missing?
Freewolf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old November 30th, 2017, 02:15 PM
How are you removing hand crossbow from the proficiencies?

I just tried by modifying the Drow Weapon Training racial ability and removing the hand crossbow tag and nothing is generating an error on my copy.

The error you get could be generated by anything on the character that is making a modification to a racial thing, not just removing the weapon proficiency.

The issue could be with a background, feat or an adjustment - it might be a bad combination of small changes that only affect your particular drow. I'd have to see a copy of your .por to see what might be going on though.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Freewolf

Old December 3rd, 2017, 07:25 PM
Doing some further digging, any time I do New (Copy) of Elf, Drow, and then use Replaces Thing Id, and change anything I get this error.

At this point I have by passed it by just making a copy but not using Replaces Thing Id and just giving them a new name.

I would be curious to find out what is going on.
Freewolf is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old December 4th, 2017, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewolf View Post
I would be curious to find out what is going on.
I'm interested too, having replicated your error.

One thing you can also do to hide the original "Elf, Drow" is to set a *Preclude in the general tab of the editor to hide the original drow whenever you have your custom source selected. It requires you to have set up a source checkbox in your "Configure Hero" sources though.

If you don't have a source, you can always just use the *Hidden mechanism if you'll always be using your drow.

Both those methods hide the original drow without trying to replace them, which seems to be breaking the monster.
dungeonguru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote