Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

Koolpyro

Old April 8th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I am running a LARP game in the Southern Oregon Region. It focus a lot on being a New WOD setting. For record keeping sakes, it would be nice to have all of the core books for each of the races be available.
I would agree with the earlier post, that Hero Lab would probly sell more copies if there was a wide veriety of systems available for WOD users.
I would also agree with the relseases follow White-Wolf's releases; WtF, MtA, PtC, Second Sight, CtL, etc.

Hope that helps!!
Koolpyro is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Devlyn

Old April 11th, 2008, 04:43 AM
I am in favor of the core books first because the supplements can be added later. I like the idea of all the core rules set with additions being added by Rob or by the user. Just my two cents.
Devlyn is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
krathen

Old April 11th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Well cores are comming out, but Changeling is the next, most likely due to the fact it is selling like hotcakes.
krathen is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old April 18th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I'm a HUGE fan of the idea of adding all the current material out right now (such as found in the Covenant Books, and the Clan Books) The Armory book would be nice too. THEN adding other games.

i'd go in this order personally:

1. Finish source books up to date for Requiem
2. Add Mage
3. Add Mage sourcebooks
4. Add Changling
5. Add Changling Sourcebooks
7. Anything else.

The theory is that mage is the BIGGEST game sold/popularity wise second only to Requiem, then Changling would be taking over that next slot if not shooting past Mage.

Also, while you finish one thing, adding new stuff from whatever came before it in the meantime would be nice too. So when Mage gets done and comes out to us, you add a pack for Requiem stuff that was released in the months between (like the last clanbooks or whatever). then the mage pack, then another pack for Vamp, then Changling, then a pack for each, then a pack for Changling, then a pack for all, then the next game, ect...

That way you're not sitting there at a screen all day long every day trying to play catch up on something you've already thought finished just because another book or 2 came out while you were finishing putting Mage together. You'll never catch up that way. So if I were you guys, I'd do sourcebooks so that one system is complete to date, then the next system, patch the previous and put out catchup on the one you just finished. Patches for new material can come in between other projects, or even bundled up with the Mage release for instance.
Pollution is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
krathen

Old April 21st, 2008, 01:21 PM
Changeling seems to be more popular at times then Mage, at least in sales it definatly is, and it's up in the air whether it's being played more, but right now it's the hot thing, so I think that's why CtL is comming up next. And I'll say it again, when CtL comes out, that's when I buy Hero-Labs
krathen is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
kitir

Old April 26th, 2008, 09:40 PM
1. changeling
2. mage
kitir is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
IanDominey

Old August 12th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I would say that from a business perspective, it'd be a good idea for you to create all of the different game lines first. That would reach a much wider audience. Also, when would you decide to stop producing supplemental material in favour of a new game line - considering that White Wolf are continuously releasing Vampire supplements, it'd be a never ending job!
IanDominey is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
anivair

Old September 5th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I think mage and forsaken should be next, followed by changeling (promethian is nice, but it's a standalone game, really, and I know very few that play it regularly). if I had to vote, I'd say forsaken first (it came out first, is easier and I'd buy it first) but mage is a close second.
anivair is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
krathen

Old September 6th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I wonder if anyone Actually reads the other threads. FYI by white-wolf and wolflair agreement... Changeling, Forsaken, Mage (I believe, I'm actually to lazy to look up the order)
krathen is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
digimod

Old September 14th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Hunter the Vigil!!!
digimod is offline   #30 Reply With Quote