Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Douglas

Old June 7th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I just downloaded Army Builder 3.2, then WH 40k 5th ed. data files. BUT there isn't any unit information.

Also I've noticed specifically with terminators there is an add unit button and you can arm each terminator individually, slightly helpful but more annoying then not. Is there any way to change it back to the way it was for more experienced players?
Douglas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
fyrebyrd
Volunteer Data File Author

Old June 7th, 2010, 08:49 PM
There are many different army lists you could be using so it would help if you could be a bit more specific. I will then attempt to answer anything that I can in reference to the list.

If you mean you are missing all of the basic items a unit would have then you might need to turn of the Competition Output formatting. Just a thought.

Fyrebyrd
AB40k Beta Tester

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
fyrebyrd is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Douglas

Old June 8th, 2010, 07:34 PM
i am using the Chaos Space Marines.

not the items the information for the unit, such as special rules
(the names at least)

any advice for removing the "add unit" button as well?
Douglas is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
PottedMeatSnake

Old August 4th, 2010, 07:01 AM
I'm getting the same thing and have tried every option that looks like it would cause this. Did you ever find an answer to this?

I've included screen shots of exactly what we're talking about.

Edit: This only happens with chaos terminators for me.

Last edited by PottedMeatSnake; August 4th, 2010 at 07:05 AM.
PottedMeatSnake is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
fyrebyrd

Old August 4th, 2010, 01:17 PM
There are reasons this unit is setup like this. Firstly the 'old' way wasn't accurate with the stat line changes when certain weapons were taken. The way it is now the stat line is shown accurately by each model with that exact wargear load out. As for the 'empty' looking unit in the available units section at the top, its like that because we couldn't start with having a default stat line listed(ie normal termies)as you can have all Termie Champs if you choose to.(check your codex).

Here is an excerpt taken from another post in regards to this style of units:

When you first select the squad you start without any Termies chosen . You then need to tick the add termie or termie champion under the "add to unit" header on the right. This will add either a champ or normal termie. A that point you will need to select the line of the termie you have added. Then decide what load out of weapons you will be using for that model, if you would like more than one of that exact load out of wargear then simply you can use the + button to multiply that single model to however many you want.(easy way versus adding all of them as singles) If you would like different wargear then you will need to go back to the top line(aka the squad line) and add another termie or champ just like before. Also on the squad line is where all of the options that are chosen for the squad as a whole are located(like the chaos marks and transports) .

Fyrebyrd
AB40k Beta Tester

fyrebyrd is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
PottedMeatSnake

Old August 5th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Oh I see, I guess I never really noticed the chaos termie rule that they can all be champs. The layout changes make sense, it was just bothering my OCD since just that one unit type was being displayed differently.

Thanks for the reply.
PottedMeatSnake is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
fyrebyrd

Old August 5th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Its no problem, that's what we're here for. If something looks different then the rest, that usually means that it was more complex to code to make work.

Fyrebyrd
AB40k Beta Tester

fyrebyrd is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
jboweruk

Old August 31st, 2010, 01:07 AM
Hi, I just d/loaded the latest WH40k bug corrections, and it's not allowing a heavy weapons team in infantry squads for the Imperial Guard anymore. Before the update Vets could not have them other than a mortar, now vets can and infantry squads can't access them at all.
jboweruk is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old August 31st, 2010, 02:04 AM
That is odd. The options are there, but they're greyed out and un-selectable.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ciaflayed1

Old September 1st, 2010, 07:44 AM
I have some questions about the new AB update I just got. I was building a list for an Ork army & found some bugs.

1) According to the latest GW FAQ, you can swap the Nob's Choppa for a Power Klaw, then swap the rest of the squad's Choppa/Slugga with Shootaz. As the Nob no longer has a Choppa/Slugga to swap, he is not required to swap weapons for a Shoota only. This is no longer allowed in the new AB file.

2) Per an email conversation I had with the rules people @ GW, the Nob is an upgrade NOT a replacement for 1 Boy in a mob of 30. The Mob can therefore take 3 weapon upgrades (Big Shootaz, Rokkit Launchaz, etc...). The Nob, however, cannot take that weapon upgrade also. Example: 29 Shoota Boys & a Nob can take 3 Big Shootaz, BUT the Nob cannot ALSO take a Big Shoota (which would give the unit more than 3). In the newest AB file, once I upgrade to a Nob, I cannot select 3 Big Shootaz for the rest of the Boyz, which GW says is allowed.

These are the only issues I have found so far. Please address, AB is too easy to use to have to go back to pen & paper!! Thanx!
ciaflayed1 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote