Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 30th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Pollution's got the right idea. Most of what the Cam would need would be covered by just implementing the MET rules changes. Approval numbers would just need a note in the XP log. Character rewrites (which happen a LOT in the Cam) can be handled by rebuilding the character from scratch. My suggestion about covering the addendum would be to contact the Camarilla and get an 'official' contact person to write the add-on data files.

The current addendum can be found here.

Bah, too many projects.
FifthWanderer is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 1st, 2008, 12:28 PM
At 07:12 AM 4/30/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Pollution's got the right idea. Most of what the Cam would need would be covered by just implementing the MET rules changes. Approval numbers would just need a note in the XP log. Character rewrites (which happen a LOT in the Cam) can be handled by rebuilding the character from scratch. My suggestion about covering the addendum would be to contact the Camarilla and get an 'official' contact person to write the add-on data files.

The current addendum can be found here.
Ugh! Well, that sure looks like a non-trivial chunk of work. I'll have to spend some time reviewing it all in more detail so I can make a better assessment of the effort involved.
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old May 1st, 2008, 05:10 PM
Rob, my honest opinion is to NOT spend too much time and effort on the Cam. Make sure they can use it, yes, but don't spend all the time to change out the addendum's and whatnot. Let them come up with custom "Cam" data files or mods (using the Authoring Kit). They'll do it anyway.

The biggest thing you'll want to put in there is the notes for XP gains (overcap awards require an approval number). I'm almost 100% sure you're good as is once LARP becomes available for this program, only adding one or two things that shouldn't take more than a few man hours to complete. They WILL change whatever you make on an almost monthly basis, so don't go nuts over it.

As a fellow IT guy, I'd say spend no more than 10 man hours on Cam changes, anything more might be a waste of your time or resources.
Pollution is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 1st, 2008, 08:03 PM
On second thought, my suggestion would be to support the Mind's Eye Theatre books as written. Don't make any changes specifically to support the Camarilla yourself. I'm sure the Camarilla can find someone to write the necessary data files to tweak Hero Lab to support the Cam's rules changes.
FifthWanderer is offline   #14 Reply With Quote