Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

observo

Old November 26th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert
hi there

dont worry!!! i am working on the files now!!!!

sorry for the delay :~)
Thanks Robert, looking forward to them.

-observo
observo is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
HyperPing

Old November 26th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Right on Robert.

Makks30, you need to chill. Or something. Anything. Just stop writing (if that's what it's called). No one can respond to pre-pubescent gibberish anyway. The updates will come. You just have to be patient. It comes with age, which you have illustrated may be some time for you. Relax.
HyperPing is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old November 27th, 2006, 02:19 PM
It's actually quite simple. If you feel that you are being ripped off for the program don't use it and don't pay for the next year's service. Go out and buy the software GW pushes. Then you have the right to complain, or go back to Pen and Paper or spreadsheet to do your army. What you pay for is 1 year of program updates not data file updates nothing more nothing less.

There are these things call legal issues and IP issues that prevents any company or person from making a product using Games Workshop and Subsidiary companies products. Lonewolf doesn't own the IP rights there for they can't do the data files. They count on great people to make those files for everyone else to use for free. Those people arn't paid by or profit from Lonewolf. If they were Lonewolf would sued by Games Workshop and ultimately burried by them.

From the past few years it was somewhat agreed by datafile makers that they wouldn't release the data files for new books for a month or two just so everyone would go out and buy the book to make Games Workshop happy and somewhat overlook Army Builder.

I'm sure if Games Workshop wanted to they could make life very hard for Lonewolf and possibly any data maker as well.

Patients grasshoppa. They will be done of that you can be asured of.

In the old days of Army Builder 1.x sometimes it took 2 or 3 months to get the new files and you had realy know where to get them from.
gilvagor is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
jpklock

Old November 29th, 2006, 06:18 PM
On the issue of, well, whining about updates taking a bit, I have this to say:

Tonight, I got a bit tired of waiting, so I downloaded the Authoring Kit, took a poke around it, and four hours later, I'm about 70% of the way to having a file that's workable for my needs (mostly, I just need to add the rest of the magic items-- maybe another hour's work-- and a few fixes).

My file wouldn't be ready for public release, as there are some known problems, but, I'm not a genius or anything, and I strongly recommend that before one gripes about the situation, one ought to download the free authoring kit, and give it a shot. And, if that doesn't work out for you, understand that what you've bought is a piece of software, which is used by gamers for dozens of different systems. Wolf Lair has made the reasonable decision that they aren't going to try to keep track of all those dozens of games, and instead provide to the community of gamers who buy their product the additional service of making it easy to find files created by other members of the community.

If that's not what you thought you were buying into, well, caveat emptor, I guess... can't help you if you didn't read the contract.

For my part, if there's interest, I'll polish my file up to public-release quality, see if I can't tackle some of kyle's known bugs, and maybe beat Robert to publication. So, lemme know if there's interest, by adding a reply to this thread.
jpklock is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
Jasoncameron

Old November 30th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Ok so I play Ogre Kingdoms. but i just got my dad into it so i bought the Skull Pass and im trying to make a goblin Army for him from the set... but i cant find Spider riders anywhere in army builder in the book they are a core choice but the only place ive seen them is the Rare in the savage orc list.
am i missing somthing here or what?
Jasoncameron is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
BrooklynMike

Old November 30th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Hi,
I've been checking the 'Update' button in ArmyBuilder every day hoping to see this file but like a dope neglected to check here. Can you please send a copy to me as well at willner90@msn.com

Thanks
Mike

Note: I accidentally posted this at the root level of the forum as well... sorry for the clutter.
BrooklynMike is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
jpklock

Old November 30th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasoncameron
... but i cant find Spider riders anywhere in army builder in the book they are a core choice but the only place ive seen them is the Rare in the savage orc list.
am i missing somthing here or what?
What you're missing is the fact that the Army Builder files for the new Orcs and Goblins book hasn't been officially updated yet (see earlier in this thread for a link to an unofficial update, and for plenty of discussion as to why it's not right to say "official" anyway...)

In all likelihood, you're looking at the Army Builder file based on the 6th ed rulebook, published several years ago.
jpklock is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
sea1swk

Old December 2nd, 2006, 08:52 AM
I would have liked to see the "Beta" or works in progress available in the download section. So those of us that can not wait, could at least get a copy of something that can get us started.
sea1swk is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
ciaflayed1

Old December 3rd, 2006, 08:10 PM
A friend told me he got the beta of the new O&G book for AB2.x, but any word on the one for AB 3.x? I haven't even gotten my rulebook or armybook yet, but they are on the way. I get bored at work so I work on possible list ideas, but without the updated files, it's kinda a moot point. Any info would be helpful...thanks!
ciaflayed1 is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
kurdush

Old December 7th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Finally it's done. Great job!

I just have to point out that the Bigged's kickin' boots cost is set to 40p, when it should be a mere 30, according to the armybook...
kurdush is offline   #60 Reply With Quote