Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ChillBro Baggins

Old November 23rd, 2015, 01:43 PM
I have entered several hundred NPCs into my realm, many of which had no class assigned to them (please assume I have good reasons for this).

Now, it seems that they all have the "Commoner" class assigned to them. Additionally, if I have an NPC with an assigned class, remove it (so that there is no class assigned) and then save the NPC, suddenly they are "Commoner" again.

How do I make this behavior stop? I do not want this, and did not ask for it, and have hundreds of NPCs that now have "Commoner" class entries that I do not want!!
ChillBro Baggins is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old November 23rd, 2015, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillBro Baggins View Post
have hundreds of NPCs that now have "Commoner" class entries that I do not want!!
When you first put them in did they have 'commoner' assigned to them? Because ever since I started using RW, new NPCs are 'commoner' until I change or remove the designation.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ChillBro Baggins

Old November 23rd, 2015, 01:58 PM
I deliberately created an NPC template with no default for class, and have used it for for most of a year now.

Now, my NPC template defaults to "Commoner", even when I go back and remove that entry.

I upgraded to 1.0.1047.207 this week, and just noticed this behavior. I do not want this "feature" and cannot find any way to undo what has been done.
ChillBro Baggins is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 23rd, 2015, 02:51 PM
This behavior has been in place since the very beginning (it's not new). When you create a new topic, it's default configuration is determined by the underlying category you use to create it. And you can customize this behavior to operate in whatever way you want by modifying the category definition.

1. Click on the Manage ribbon at the top.
2. Click on the Categories button within the Manage ribbon.
3. Select the "Individual" category on the left.
4. Within the "Category Structure" shown for the category, you'll see the "Class" snippet type listed. Click on it.
5. The details for the snippet type appear on the right, where it shows that the "Commoner" class is assigned by default. It cannot currently be changed, and the tooltip indicates that's because it's protected.
6. Click on the Options menu at the top, next to the Done button.
7. Select the "Remove Protection" option. You'll be warned about the potential implications of this, but you're perfectly safe if all you're doing is changing the default behavior for some tag snippets.
8. Change the "Default Tag" for the "Class" snippet type to whatever you want. You can also set it to "None" via the button at the bottom, which will leave no class tag assigned to any new topics.
9. Save the change to the category (button at the top).
10. Close the Manage Categories interface via the "Done" button at the top.

The next time you create a new Individual topic, it will start with whatever defaults you established for the underlying category. You can customize various categories in this this way to suit your preferences.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ChillBro Baggins

Old November 23rd, 2015, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the solution help - I still find it hard to believe I never noticed this before...

One weird thing is that when I search for the "Commoner" tag (which is apparently the default) in the World & Story Almanacs, I get no results. So, now to fix this, I have to manually check hundreds of entries. Is this intended behavior?

Last edited by ChillBro Baggins; November 23rd, 2015 at 06:42 PM.
ChillBro Baggins is offline   #5 Reply With Quote