Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

kunger00

Old August 14th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I love the ADJUST tab... it allows for some creativity without having to edit data files.

That being said... is there any plans for a Custom Domain choice as there is a Custom Feat choice, etc? Or does this really need to be handled via data editing?

Also, I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of ability to create new weapons and armor without having to go into the data files. You can create "custom" stuff but the base stats are constant... for example, I can't create a ranged weapon that does 1d12 damage (Trying to create Ptolus firearms).

Do I just need to bite the bullet and custom edit data files? Or am I missing a feature that solves all my problems if I were just smart enough to notice the feature?
kunger00 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old August 14th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Hi all -
I'm here from the EN World Pathfinder forums. There, they're talking about HL and a few other options.
Below is the ideal RPG Software that I'm looking for straight out of the box. Being ideal doesn't mean that I won't buy something that isn't ideal so long as it at least fits the bill nicely, even if I have to do my own editing.

Our group consists of a Warforged Euridite (complete psionic), Catfolk Rogue, elf Summoner (Accordlands) and an elf Wizard.
The Warforged Euridite utilizes two sourcebooks that are not OGL. However, I recall that fans are able to work datasets and upload them for other fans. If so, then I'd assume that the basic HL datasets can handle this aspect. However, what about the Eurdite's d4 HD vs. Pathfinders new minimum d6HD or the new skills? Has someone, or can someone (even me) "copy" the Eurdite and modify the HD and skills to make a Pathfinderized Euridte?
In regards to the elf Wizard. That's an easy Pathfinder change, however, we utilize more than just the OGL list of spells from WotC's PHB. We also use spells from Spell Compendium, Renegade Spell Compendium (one of Mongoose's better books), Eldritch Sorcery (Necromancer), Monte's Eldritch Might, even Fantasy Flight's 3.0 Spells & Spellcraft sourcebook (and a host of others from other d20/OGL sources). Being that many of those are OGL I'm guessing that many of those spells may have already been uploaded to fan created or even official datasets - that and the fact that Monte and Necromancer books are quite good. So can HL utilize the Pathfinder dataset and a 3.5 OGL dataset at the same time?

I'm basing much of my desire on eTools. Good or bad, it had all the WotC books. And with the fan created wizard tool that allowed you to enter in your own dataset info (I made a Living Greyhawk Gazetteer dataset that separated the human cultural racial divides, languages, gods, etc...).
Of course, I'd like something more robust and of course, working with the newest system but could understand if it can't do all that I'm hoping. If it can, sign me up.

Edit - As Traits are not in the Core Rulebook, but are utilized for Pathfinder Society as well as an aspect of the game overall - are traits in the Pathfinder Dataset?

Be Well. Be Well Dataset'd.
Theocrat Issak

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com

Last edited by Theocrat; August 14th, 2009 at 02:18 PM.
Theocrat is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Cthulhu4Pres

Old August 14th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Just a few things that aren't functioning correctly right now:
-Dwarves arent getting dwarven weapon profs
-Cleric domains aren't granting powers
-There are no traits available
-Armor values for medium and heavy need to be increased

Not really complaining I know you guys have worked hard for the past few weeks to get this mostly ready and will address these issues in time. Also thanks for making a great product, it definately rivals the wizards one.
Cthulhu4Pres is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Toric

Old August 14th, 2009, 11:47 PM
I love HeroLab and have used it regularly for quite some time. I just picked up the Pathfinder data set and figured I'd chime in with something that I found that seems to be wrong.

When I created a character, after taking a rank in a skill, the skill bonus increased by +4 rather than +3 as stated in the Pathfinder rules for each rank in a skill. Not complaining as I love the product but wanted to point out what appears to be an error so that it could be corrected when the dev team starts tackling the errors.
Toric is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
camelon75

Old August 15th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toric View Post
I love HeroLab and have used it regularly for quite some time. I just picked up the Pathfinder data set and figured I'd chime in with something that I found that seems to be wrong.

When I created a character, after taking a rank in a skill, the skill bonus increased by +4 rather than +3 as stated in the Pathfinder rules for each rank in a skill. Not complaining as I love the product but wanted to point out what appears to be an error so that it could be corrected when the dev team starts tackling the errors.
Page 87 of prfrgp core states that the trained skills are work out as follows d20+skill rank+ability mod+racial mod+3
so a rank 1 skill will increase by 4
1 for rank and +3 if trained (class skill)

PS

I know it is early days but with all the major revisions I don't want you to miss that Monk flurry of blows does not show up on weapons tab as it did in the 3.5 dataset.
camelon75 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunger00 View Post
There seems to be a problem with missing Combat feats for the fighter tab. Creating a 7th level fighter and selecting bonus feats I get options for Agile Maneuvers through Defensive Combat training then it suddenly skips to Shatter Defenses and then the list ends.

On a quick glance, it appears that the missing feats aren't labeled as COMBAT feats... for example, on the feats tab, feats such as Dodge, Point Blank Shot, and Power Attack are listed as GENERAL feats instead of COMBAT feat.
Feats are not finished.

Last edited by Mathias; August 19th, 2009 at 08:51 AM.
Mathias is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toric View Post

You've also added a rank to the skill - is that why the total is +4? (+1 rank, +3 for a class skill with ranks).
Mathias is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunger00 View Post
I love the ADJUST tab... it allows for some creativity without having to edit data files.

That being said... is there any plans for a Custom Domain choice as there is a Custom Feat choice, etc? Or does this really need to be handled via data editing?

Also, I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of ability to create new weapons and armor without having to go into the data files. You can create "custom" stuff but the base stats are constant... for example, I can't create a ranged weapon that does 1d12 damage (Trying to create Ptolus firearms).

Do I just need to bite the bullet and custom edit data files? Or am I missing a feature that solves all my problems if I were just smart enough to notice the feature?
All of these capabilities will be in the editor, once that gets finished.
Mathias is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu4Pres View Post
Just a few things that aren't functioning correctly right now:
-Dwarves arent getting dwarven weapon profs
-Cleric domains aren't granting powers
-There are no traits available
-Armor values for medium and heavy need to be increased

Not really complaining I know you guys have worked hard for the past few weeks to get this mostly ready and will address these issues in time. Also thanks for making a great product, it definately rivals the wizards one.
Noted. These are all on the to-do list.

Actually for the cleric domains, I was working alphabetically, and I believe I finished Air - Fire (plus Water and Weather, since I decided to finish off the last Druid domains).
Mathias is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
egg_green

Old August 19th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I'm sure you're probably aware of this already, but I thought I'd throw it out there:

I don't see any way to add a Ranger's Animal Companion. The ability is listed on the Ranger tab, but I was not able to figure out how to stat-up the companion as I could in the d20 dataset. I haven't had a chance to test this with Druids yet, so I don't know if the same issue occurs for them as well.

Thanks!

PS - I just want to say that you guys have done a fantastic job getting such a big project out the door so quickly. Great work, and I look forward to downloading some updates before too long
egg_green is offline   #20 Reply With Quote