Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Seems

Old March 2nd, 2019, 10:50 AM
So, I'm trying to use ShadowChemosh's adjustments to alter the text for my player's Eldritch Scion ability. The ability doesn't include the info for the relevant arcane pool benefits, so I want to add that as well as the weapons enhancement costs. I've tried using both Ability Text Override and Ability Text Modification, with the Eldritch Scion ability selected and the new text entered in the text box, but nothing changes when I print or save the character sheet.

Any suggestions on how I can get this to work? Thanks!
Seems is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 2nd, 2019, 11:03 AM
Eldritch Scion is a magus archetype, which ability are you trying to change? If it doesn't use ability text already, maybe try a livename overwrite?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Seems

Old March 2nd, 2019, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Eldritch Scion is a magus archetype, which ability are you trying to change? If it doesn't use ability text already, maybe try a livename overwrite?
That's correct, sorry, I should have referenced the Eldritch Pool ability. The existing text for it references Arcane Pool, but doesn't include the relevant info. That's what I want to add, so I would be updating the text, not replacing it entirely.
Seems is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 2nd, 2019, 11:43 AM
Well, there is a Change Name adjustment which will let you alter the name with a bit of text, but AFAIK we don't have one for altering the body of the text, sorry!
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Seems

Old March 2nd, 2019, 12:59 PM
I thought that was the purpose of ShadowChemosh's Ability Text Override and Ability Text Modification adjustments, or are they for something else? I'll PM him to clarify. Thanks for responding though!
Seems is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 2nd, 2019, 01:06 PM
Those adjustments are core content, not part of ShadowChemosh's community repository. Ability text refers to text generated by scripts to be placed usually in the livename or summary of an ability. Not all abilities need or use the Ability Text fields. What you're looking to modify would probably be better referred to as Description text, which is something practically everything has, and has a different set of fields to overwrite or append to it.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 2nd, 2019, 01:19 PM
The main issue with altering descriptions through an adjustment is that the current space for entering text is way small. Let me see what I can do. Hopefully the boss won't be mad if I do this on my off time.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Seems

Old March 2nd, 2019, 01:42 PM
Quote:
The main issue with altering descriptions through an adjustment is that the current space for entering text is way small. Let me see what I can do. Hopefully the boss won't be mad if I do this on my off time.
It's not a huge deal - was just wondering if there's an easy way to change the description text, and I mistook ShadowChemosh's adjustments for that. I can always add it to her journal or just print it up on a separate piece of paper for her!
Seems is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 2nd, 2019, 03:13 PM
Alright, I have a new adjustment for this. I think it should be good for the next release.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Seems

Old March 2nd, 2019, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Alright, I have a new adjustment for this. I think it should be good for the next release.
Well that was speedy! I'll look forward to it - thanks!
Seems is offline   #10 Reply With Quote