Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

HavocXIII

Old June 13th, 2015, 07:13 PM
How does the "weapon range increase" permanent adjustment work? Actually a lot of the permanent adjustments that should select a specific weapon don't give me any options to choose from.
HavocXIII is offline   #361 Reply With Quote
Fenelthin

Old June 14th, 2015, 02:53 PM
(posted wrongly. my apologies)

Last edited by Fenelthin; June 14th, 2015 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Posted in the wrong place
Fenelthin is offline   #362 Reply With Quote
Fenelthin

Old June 14th, 2015, 03:00 PM
I'm having an odd issue that I'm sure is quite easy to solve. But, I've read through the forums and ReadMe a few times and find myself at an impasse.

I had to factory reset my laptop but I managed to back up my portfolios folder for HL. After I reinstalled and reactivated, I went back and downloaded the 3PP thinking that would get me back to being able to load my characters. Most recently, I've been playing an Elan Aegis, but when I went to load him in HL, it said all the sources were missing.

I tried re-downloading and importing the 3PP, reactivating my license just in case, restarting HL a couple times to no avail. The items aren't listed in the Configure Hero list of sources for me to activate either. So, when I go to look at the list of classes in HL, no Death Mage, no Dragon Rider & no Aegis.

I feel dumb and lost.
Fenelthin is offline   #363 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 14th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocXIII View Post
How does the "weapon range increase" permanent adjustment work? Actually a lot of the permanent adjustments that should select a specific weapon don't give me any options to choose from.
Do you mean the "Weapon Range Increment" as I can't find any adjustment called "Weapon Range Increase".

If so you add it to your character and from the Dropdown select the weapon you wish to change its Range Increment. Then set the counter to a + or - the value you wish to do. So if you wanted a Dagger to be 15ft you would add a "dagger" to your character. Then on the adjustment select that Dagger and set the counter to "+5".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #364 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 14th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenelthin View Post
I'm having an odd issue that I'm sure is quite easy to solve. But, I've read through the forums and ReadMe a few times and find myself at an impasse.

I had to factory reset my laptop but I managed to back up my portfolios folder for HL. After I reinstalled and reactivated, I went back and downloaded the 3PP thinking that would get me back to being able to load my characters. Most recently, I've been playing an Elan Aegis, but when I went to load him in HL, it said all the sources were missing.

I tried re-downloading and importing the 3PP, reactivating my license just in case, restarting HL a couple times to no avail. The items aren't listed in the Configure Hero list of sources for me to activate either. So, when I go to look at the list of classes in HL, no Death Mage, no Dragon Rider & no Aegis.

I feel dumb and lost.
My guess is your getting an "Error" message when you load Pathfinder. Once that happens HL goes into Safe Mode and does not load any .user files (ie Packs).

So restart HL and Pathfinder. If you get any error messages RIGHT click and select copy on the window. Then past the errors here and we can see if we can figure out what is going on.

thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #365 Reply With Quote
Fenelthin

Old June 14th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
My guess is your getting an "Error" message when you load Pathfinder. Once that happens HL goes into Safe Mode and does not load any .user files (ie Packs).

So restart HL and Pathfinder. If you get any error messages RIGHT click and select copy on the window. Then past the errors here and we can see if we can figure out what is going on.

thanks
You called it. Here's the error message:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rCBAshGian' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
-> Non-existent thing 'raAshDisea' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'tmAP80CadC' on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'tmZomJuju' referenced by script
Fenelthin is offline   #366 Reply With Quote
HavocXIII

Old June 14th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Do you mean the "Weapon Range Increment" as I can't find any adjustment called "Weapon Range Increase".

If so you add it to your character and from the Dropdown select the weapon you wish to change its Range Increment. Then set the counter to a + or - the value you wish to do. So if you wanted a Dagger to be 15ft you would add a "dagger" to your character. Then on the adjustment select that Dagger and set the counter to "+5".
Err yes it was increment sorry about that. Maybe it's just the iPad version but it doesn't give you a dropdown with that one or a number of other ones that should.
HavocXIII is offline   #367 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 14th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenelthin View Post
You called it. Here's the error message:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rCBAshGian' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
-> Non-existent thing 'raAshDisea' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'tmAP80CadC' on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'tmZomJuju' referenced by script
So this looks like you installed the GM Pack not the 3PP Pack and don't have the minimum requirements for it. So start HL and go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and see if you have installed the GM Pack instead of the 3PP Pack. If so delete the GM Pack and then download and install the 3PP Pack fresh.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #368 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 14th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocXIII View Post
Err yes it was increment sorry about that. Maybe it's just the iPad version but it doesn't give you a dropdown with that one or a number of other ones that should.
You are correct the iPad has a bug in it. This is an official LW bug actually as only on the iPad does an adjustment NOT have the dropdown.

I will report that. Until its fixed you will need to put the adjustment on the "adjust" tab instead.

Update: I have put in an official bug report about this issue and a several others dealing with Adjustments and they way they are getting displayed on the iPad and iPad only.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; June 14th, 2015 at 05:28 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #369 Reply With Quote
Fenelthin

Old June 16th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Quote:
So this looks like you installed the GM Pack not the 3PP Pack and don't have the minimum requirements for it. So start HL and go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and see if you have installed the GM Pack instead of the 3PP Pack. If so delete the GM Pack and then download and install the 3PP Pack fresh.
That did it! Thank you so much!
Fenelthin is offline   #370 Reply With Quote