Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nightwish5121

Old November 29th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I'm trying to recreate the Soulknife class in the Pathfinder system. The soulknife is able to manifest a blade of psychic energy that has the following properties (assuming high enough level character):

Can be manifested as Longsword or Bastard w/ scaling enhancement bonuses
Can be manifested as two short swords with enhancement bonus one less than the longsword/bastard sword version
Can be imbued with +1 or +2 weapon properties, which the soulknife can change around periodically

Is there a way to create just one weapon that has such interchangeable and selectable properties? Or will I need to separately design each version as a separate weapon, and then select them on the character sheet as applicable? And if I do end up having to design each version separately, is it possible to attach a pull-down menu of weapon properties to an item (instead of having to select an always-on group of static properties at item creation)?
Nightwish5121 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old November 30th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Ir sounds like the best method would be to create the different versions of the weapon and just equipe the one you want. Trying to create a weapon that can change at any time would require a lot of scripting, some sort of changing mechanism.

I suppose you could create a generic weapon and have a pull down menu for each of the options (like a craft skill). Then you could just change the selection when you needed it on the fly. Each version of the weapon would need to be scripted though. Could be done but would be a pain.

Also if you did that you wouldn't be able to use the pen and paper version of the character, you would need to use the electionic version so you could change the selection as needed.

If you like take a crack at trying to do the scripting. It should end up something like a Case statement, with each weapon attribute being listed to what it should be.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote