Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Shane Walden

Old June 25th, 2010, 09:15 AM
My PF character doesn't actually carry around 1200 or so gold with him. He instead keeps the majority of his wealth in a bank vault or in the capable hands of the clergy of Abadar. How can I reflect this on his character sheet? It would be great if I could have 20 gold equiped for spending money and the rest unequiped so as not to encumber him.

Is this possible? If not, it would be a great upgrade for the program.

Shane
Shane Walden is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 25th, 2010, 09:46 AM
This is not currently possible, but if you add the "- Custom Location -" entry from near the top of the gear list, you can move the entire money entry into that, so the weight doesn't count towards your character. You just can't split the money into multiple groups.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old June 25th, 2010, 11:43 AM
For me, I've found that my PFS Chronicle sheets money (journal entry) and my actual money (on my actual chronicle sheets) are way off. Either I've added items to my HL Character and checked the 'free' box or something. But I also checked the box in the hero settings - money doesn't have encumbrance (or something along those lines).
I too agree that there should be a much easier way to adjust the money. What if I just gave away 10GP during an adventure? My actual chronicle sheets are the only place to keep track of my actual funds.
But then of course, I'm likely missing something with such a powerful pc management system like Herolab.

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
bittergeek

Old June 25th, 2010, 12:58 PM
To simply give away money, you can just put in a negative number of gp in the journal and click "Earn". A bit clumsy, but it beats buying an item of custom gear and then selling it for 0. (Though if you buy the custom item you'll have a reminder of whatever it was you spent the money on.)
bittergeek is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Shane Walden

Old June 25th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I have created a custom container and have indicated that my money should be in that container. There is still no change. Did you mean something different when you said "you can move the entire money entry into that"?

Shane
Shane Walden is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 25th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Custom Containers represent something like a backpack - anything in a custom container still applies its weight to the hero.

Anything in a Custom Location does not apply its weight to the character.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
branbric

Old June 27th, 2010, 03:57 PM
If you are buying equipment for a mount, is there a way to transfer money from the rider to the horse to buy it's barding with?
branbric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 27th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I created a custom item called "Saddlebags on my dog".
I made the item a top level like a bag of holding.
I made the item have no weight.

That way I can put anything inside it I don't want to weight me down, including
money.
risner is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 27th, 2010, 09:27 PM
You can also create a custom location and call it "the ground". This allows you to instantly dump your backpack or anything else on "the ground" as you leap into combat, which auto-adjusts your encumbrance accordingly. After the combat, simply transfer the backpack back to the PC and you've "picked up" your gear.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 27th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by branbric View Post
If you are buying equipment for a mount, is there a way to transfer money from the rider to the horse to buy it's barding with?
It's easiest to just buy the gear for the PC and then transfer it to the mount. I outlined the steps in the other thread over here.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote