Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Warhammer 40K System do you want to see added to the Deathwatch system?
Dark Heresy 8 47.06%
Rogue Trader 5 29.41%
Black Crusade 0 0%
Only War 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 17th, 2013, 03:26 PM
As many of you are aware of, I've been working on the Deathwatch system for quite some time, nearly six months of actual coding (I took some time away from it for a while). I know there is much interest in the line of books produced by Fantasy Flight Games and I'd like to conduct a small poll of interest from hero lab users regarding which additional system you'd like to see added to the Deathwatch system. I basically want to see which system gets the most votes for support should I decide to expand this data later on.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
telenikros

Old June 18th, 2013, 11:33 PM
I think what you are doing at the moment is cool RavenX it will make keeping track of the character much easier
telenikros is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 18th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Telenikros,

That is the goal of having this software. I am a gamemaster, I only run games, and Hero Lab helps cut down my preparation time immensely. Instead of doing everything by hand and spending hours pouring over books I can assemble my NPCs quickly with what they need to have. Deathwatch isn't a hard system to prep, but I like being able to use the tactical console to run encounters and manage important character elements. It makes my life easier overall, so the hours I've put into this are well worth it. Mathias has helped me immensely with his explanations of how things work within the mechanics.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 19th, 2013, 10:09 PM
I voted for "Only war" because in the grim future of the 41st millenia, that's all there is.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 19th, 2013, 11:03 PM
It will be interesting to see the final results of this consensus. Only war is a pretty nice addition to the line of books. I am hoping for an Only Waaagh! System though as well. I'd love to see fantasy flight games release an all Ork RPG. I used to enjoy games of gorkamorka and love customizing Ork models. I use fantasy Orc models quite a bit in my conversion work. I use black orcs as nobs and ard boys. The heavy plate makes the models easy to identify in large mobs. I think FFG has covered all the humans of the 41st millennium now, so hopefully we will get some xenos books too.

RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Tzurah

Old July 10th, 2013, 08:07 PM
I had two I wanted to vote for, Rogue Trader and Black Crusade. I ended up flipping a coin. Looks like I should have voted for Black Crusade, even if only to show SOME interest in it.
Tzurah is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 11th, 2013, 08:33 AM
I've built this data set with expandability in mind. I may end up adding all of the systems eventually when time permits me to do so. I am mainly conducting this straw poll to see which one people would want added next once the core of Deathwatch is done. I'm pretty sure I will have to do Rites of Battle next as there are still many systems from that book that need implementation. Such as vehicles and custom chapters.

RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
I see a large amount of interest shown in all the game systems except black crusade, Dark Heresy might not be a bad starting point for expansion.

RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 24th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Ok so Dark Heresy won in the poll, not too bad. I'll consider starting to add the first edition materials that I have once Deathwatch is knocked down.

RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old March 8th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Huge necromancy here but must ask:

Is there anything for Warhammer 40k Roleplay in the wild?

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote