Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old March 11th, 2019, 03:24 PM
Ah, good :-)

HTML inside cells is always a challenge.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #471 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old March 11th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Ah, good :-)

HTML inside cells is always a challenge.
Ya. I am still having some issues. I fixed that one column but having issues with other columns. I'll keep messing with it. I just wish I could bold a column and have that formatting stay when I reference the cell.That would make like so much easier.
joe2chillo is offline   #472 Reply With Quote
joe2chillo

Old March 11th, 2019, 05:39 PM
I am still trying to work through some of these HTML issues. I have found some but I am stuck on one right now. The error mentions utility.cpp but thats not a file I can see. Is there a way to debug my issue based on the error message?
joe2chillo is offline   #473 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 11th, 2019, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2chillo View Post
I am still trying to work through some of these HTML issues. I have found some but I am stuck on one right now. The error mentions utility.cpp but thats not a file I can see. Is there a way to debug my issue based on the error message?
The only useful(?) error is the one you reported before, "Not in a span at line 1633 in file utility.cpp". This indicates that the HTML inside a snippet is not well formed.

Using the tool to read an excel document will read in the formatting of the cell, so the bold and italic that you see in excel should translate across into your imported realm. This might help you avoid putting explicit HTML into a particular cell. Can you generate your formula using standard excel instructions to switch on bold for the prefix whilst switching it off for the rest of the cell?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #474 Reply With Quote
Janrith

Old March 16th, 2019, 01:25 AM
I am also getting the C++ Exception: Not in a span at line 1633 in file utility.cpp error.

I am fairly confident it is a data issue; I have no HTML in my xlsx file, but I do have a Components field that does have gt characters occasionally (e.g. powdered diamond duct >= 500gpv).

I imported a single row that didn't have any notes (by removing all <topic/> elements from the rwexport file rather than killing my excel file).

I'm trying an import definition that leaves off that column and will report back.
Janrith is offline   #475 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 16th, 2019, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I can't remember exactly how embedded HTML works with Realm Works, but I don't think you need the "<html></html>" tags around the i and b tags to get it displayed in RW.
Just to add a clarification about this. When importing the original data, if the data in a cell start with "<" and ends with ">" then it is assumed to be pre-formatted HTML. The actual tag at the start/end of the cell doesn't have to be "html"; for instance you could use "p".

This check for "<" and ">" is required because otherwise the import will go wrong when importing some non-html that happens to contain the ">" character.

Farling

Farling is offline   #476 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 16th, 2019, 02:46 PM
Hi there!

After some time Iam experimenting again with your fabulous tool! Going to import now and I think everything works. Unless I put a field of my source XLSX into the "annotation" bit of a picture tag. Then the program floods with "File/URL does not exist:" when clicking on generate file.

Not sure why it does that. The field might be too long for the annotation text? I don't really need it and just messed around, but I wanted to report it

Let me know if you require more information. Going to import now w/o that annotation and will see how it goes.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #477 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 16th, 2019, 02:51 PM
Update - Import worked fine.

Two very minor things identified so far:

1st I had one cell formatted like this: 999.999.999,99 -> it is a price column and excel showed the numbers in a convinient way. Very high prices were also imported as ​4.35e+08​ for example.
I suppose the cell formatting is not carried over to RW by the importer , or do I have options?

2nd Some tag fields were left empty (restricted tag domain snippets). The spelling in the XLSX cell was "Transporter, Mittelschwer" and the Structure file named the tag domain "Transporter, mitelschwer". I suppose it's case sensitive, but it would be great if the tool would report inconsistencies, so I know that not all tags were imported to RW.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net

Last edited by Acenoid; March 16th, 2019 at 03:04 PM.
Acenoid is offline   #478 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 17th, 2019, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
1st I had one cell formatted like this: 999.999.999,99 -> it is a price column and excel showed the numbers in a convinient way. Very high prices were also imported as ​4.35e+08​ for example.
I suppose the cell formatting is not carried over to RW by the importer , or do I have options?
I think the issue is with the format of the numbers. The standard XML format is to have no thousands separators, and to use "." for the decimal point. Unfortunately I haven't found a simple method of converting from the local country syntax into the XML format.

Quote:
2nd Some tag fields were left empty (restricted tag domain snippets). The spelling in the XLSX cell was "Transporter, Mittelschwer" and the Structure file named the tag domain "Transporter, mitelschwer". I suppose it's case sensitive, but it would be great if the tool would report inconsistencies, so I know that not all tags were imported to RW.
The mismatch was already being reported by the tool, but you would only see the message if you launched the tool from a CMD line. Version 2.4 puts all these messages into a window to make them appear somewhere that most people might notice them.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; March 17th, 2019 at 03:23 PM.
Farling is offline   #479 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 17th, 2019, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Hi there!

After some time Iam experimenting again with your fabulous tool! Going to import now and I think everything works. Unless I put a field of my source XLSX into the "annotation" bit of a picture tag. Then the program floods with "File/URL does not exist:" when clicking on generate file.
Ok, I've managed to repeat this by having a column assigned to the annotation, but no column assigned to the actual picture itself.

Farling

Last edited by Farling; March 17th, 2019 at 02:30 PM.
Farling is offline   #480 Reply With Quote