Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 15th, 2014, 04:17 PM
I just talked with David. It seems there's a complex issue underlying this that we're working to sort out.

If you don't need the local changes to the realm and want to revert to what's on the server, you can delete the realm locally and sync down again. If you do want to keep the local changes, you'll need to hold on until we can sort this out.

Thanks for your patience!
rob is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old September 15th, 2014, 04:28 PM
In my case there were no local changes on the machine that had the issue. The local changes were all made elsewhere, so I didn't lose anything in that regard.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old September 20th, 2014, 02:40 PM
I now have this error on my laptop. Trying to set up for a game in twenty minutes. Made a lot of changes today on PC and synced to the cloud. Tried to sync from cloud to get changes, when I got the error. can someone tell me how to delete the one realm locally?
jkthomsen9 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
I now have this error on my laptop. Trying to set up for a game in twenty minutes. Made a lot of changes today on PC and synced to the cloud. Tried to sync from cloud to get changes, when I got the error. can someone tell me how to delete the one realm locally?
1. After launching Realm Works, log in to the server.
2. Go to the Realms tab of the launch dialog.
3. Click on the Options icon to the far right of the realm you want to clobber.
4. Select "Delete Local Data" from the options menu that appears.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old September 23rd, 2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks Rob. Was up and running for the game. Is there something we can try to avoid doing that causes this error?
jkthomsen9 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 23rd, 2014, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
Thanks Rob. Was up and running for the game. Is there something we can try to avoid doing that causes this error?
I have no idea what actually happened, so I don't know what could be done to avoid it. Did you possibly make a backup of the database before deleting the realm? If so, you could open a support ticket and send us the database. Then we could look at what the problem might have been. I didn't mention that in my post because I wanted to get you running ASAP under the circumstances. However, if you possibly have a copy of the database that had the problems, it would be helpful for us to take a look.

Glad you got things working cleanly in time for the game!!!
rob is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old September 24th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Sorry I did not back it up. the weird thing is that I did not do anything on the laptop. I only use the laptop during games. It worked fine on game night two weeks before. I synced it to the cloud and updated my pc. Made several changes over the two weeks on my PC. got the error when I tried to sync the laptop.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old September 24th, 2014, 05:28 PM
I've had the same thing happen the last couple of days except the notebook/desktop is reversed.

I do most entry work on my notebook using 64bit Windows 7. Two days ago when I tried syncing on my desktop running 64bit Windows 8 I got the error message shown in a previous post. Searching here I found the solution and deleted the local realm on the desktop and re-synced. All better.

Last night I did more entry on the notebook and synced. This morning on the desktop, the same error occurred, deleting and re-synced corrected it.

Just now I did more entry on the notebook, will be interesting to see if the desktop tomorrow syncs or not syncs (that is the question :-)
GThiel is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 24th, 2014, 05:44 PM
One known trigger of this is deleting external objects or smart images. Also, swapping out the contents of an external object or smart image (i.e. replacing the map of a smart image).
davidp is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old September 25th, 2014, 03:09 AM
This morning's sync on the desktop worked fine. The bit about deleting a smart image and replacing it causing the issue rings true. The last two times I've experienced this did involve updating maps on my notebook.

This, however, must be a recently uncovered bug, because I have often in the past deleted and replaced maps without this issue.

As a programmer, I can sympathize. Bug stomping can be a pain, (tho in this case perhaps it's Goblin Stomping!!)
GThiel is offline   #20 Reply With Quote