Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Jimfletcha

Old August 27th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Half-Elf Summoner Synthesist level 1.

My total Dex is 10, but it keeps showing me as having a Dex Bonus of +1 when Heavy Encumbered and +2 when Medium Encumbered, but only when calculating AC. The In-Play Fused Eidolon ability is turned off as well.

/confused
Jimfletcha is offline   #221
Matt Droz

Old August 28th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
It is already in the configure hero settings. There is a selector that allows you to choose which of those firearm availability options you are operating with.
Sometimes, I really should get more than four hours of sleep. Thanks!

Matt Droz Community material (Forgotten Realms & Non-SRD/Retro)
Matt Droz is offline   #222
plumbum

Old August 28th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Since upgrading to Pathfinder 6.20, I've been getting these errors from some characters and not others, with no apparent rhyme or reason:

Pick 'abDRCIrMag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '61'
Pick 'abDamRdMSB' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '62'
Pick 'abDamRsDiv' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '63'
Pick 'xDamRdCldM' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '405'
Pick 'xS2DRBlMa' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '440'
Pick 'xS2DRGoPi' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '441'

From one of the portfolios:

<pick thing="abDRCIrMag" index="72" batchindex="61" uniqueness="unique" count="0" fieldcount="3" live="no">
<reference/>
<field id="abOrder" value="1."></field>
<field id="usrChosen1"></field>
<field id="usrChosen2"></field>
</pick>
<pick thing="abDamRdMSB" index="73" batchindex="62" uniqueness="unique" fieldcount="3">
<reference/>
<field id="abOrder" value="2."></field>
</pick>
<pick thing="abDamRsDiv" index="74" batchindex="63" uniqueness="unique" fieldcount="3">
<reference/>
<field id="abOrder" value="3."></field>
</pick>

I don't see these values in any data files, and they're not in all the character portfolios.
plumbum is offline   #223
GymProFit

Old August 28th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Hope this isn't a re-post. (Did Ctrl+F on each page so far, but may still have missed it.)

When using "Add New Assimar Abilities", if I select "Add an Additional Ability" and any two other custom abilities, I get the following error:
Daylight (Sp): Replaced by more than one Variant Class

Also of note, if one or both of the custom abilities I add is a bonus to an attribute, (Str, Dex, etc.) or a skill (Acrobatics, etc.) those bonuses disappear when the second custom ability is added. This does not seem to occur for save bonuses, but I have only tried a few of the many possible combinations.
GymProFit is offline   #224
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 28th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbum View Post
Pick 'abDRCIrMag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '61'
Pick 'abDamRdMSB' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '62'
Pick 'abDamRsDiv' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '63'
Pick 'xDamRdCldM' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '405'
Pick 'xS2DRBlMa' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '440'
Pick 'xS2DRGoPi' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '441'
These are "Damage Reduction" Things from the Community Bestiary. My guess is you use to have the Community Bestiary installed when you saved these characters so DR always gets attached to the Hero. So now that the CB is gone HL is letting you know these can't be found anymore.

If its a normal character I doubt you where using these Things. So my advice is to open the character file and dirty it up, this means make a change like up a skill and then down it again, and save the file. The next time you open the character you should not get these warning messages again.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #225
GymProFit

Old August 28th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Summoner (Synthesist archetype)

Extra Evolution Feat
- This is currently grayed out
- If selected, it does not increase the Fused Eidolon's Evolution Pool
- If selected, it generates the error message: Eidolon Required

Half-Elf Synthesist Favored Class bonus (+1/4 Evolution Pool)
- If selected (for any multiple of 4 times), this dos not increase the Fused Eidolon's Evolution Pool

I didn't think anything about either of those combinations, until one of my players showed me this post on the Paizo Blog where designer Sean K Reynolds points toward the line in the archetype description that reads: "In all other cases, this ability functions as the summoner's normal eidolon ability..."
GymProFit is offline   #226
Dwayne

Old August 28th, 2012, 06:03 PM
If you are creating an Aasimar with 2 variant abilities there is a problem when the second ability is chosen. If spell resistance is chosen first it appears on the special tab but when a second ability is chosen spell resistance disappears from the special tab and both abilities are no longer in bold print.
Dwayne is offline   #227
djc664

Old August 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Using the HeroLab --> D20 Pro exporter:

The Notes page no longer shows any of the descriptions for these Specials.

For instance, a barbarian character with Increase Damage Reduction as a special only shows:

"Increase Damage Reduction (Ex):" and it does not give the description.

Looking at the XML output of the exporter, the special code looks like this:
Code:
<special name="Increase Damage Reduction (Ex)">While raging, your DR increases by 1.</special>
It SHOULD look like this:
Code:
<special name="Increase Damage Reduction (Ex)"><![CDATA[While raging, your DR increases by 1.]]></special>
Looks like the export tool got modified and no longer appends <![CDATA[ ... ]]> to the description text... and hasn't for around 6 months or so. Looking back at old exported characters, the formatting is now way sloppier as well (one huge block of text rather than what used to group and cleanly space all the XML.

What happened?
djc664 is offline   #228
Olwen

Old August 29th, 2012, 05:02 AM
The Cat Burglar's Boots that appear in Shards of Sin, the first volume of the Shattered Star Adventure Path, has a typo in its name (Cat Burgler's Boots) and I believe that it doesn't provide the +2 Acrobatics it should provide.
Olwen is offline   #229
wootersl

Old August 29th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Repeating a bug report outside the bug reports thread will simply get that post moved back into the bug reports thread where it belongs. It will not alter where your original post is in the bug queue, or when we deal with it.
Yes. But, sometimes we report a bug outside the bug thread because (a) our posts get quickly lost among the others (b) we want to see if we are doing something wrong. Maybe if you said "Yes, this is a bug, so we are moving the post to our bug thread for us to deal with." Instead of just moving it and not saying anything, other than what you said above, which, didn't even happen when my post was moved and has yet to be answered. It gets frustrating for us.
wootersl is offline   #230
Closed Thread