Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Lord Magus

Old September 8th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks again for the Racial adjustment... amazingly fast!
Lord Magus is offline   #281
Razz

Old September 10th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Someone mentioned the bestiary to the 1st AP of Shattered Star was available? Where can I see it?
Razz is offline   #282
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 14th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz View Post
Someone mentioned the bestiary to the 1st AP of Shattered Star was available? Where can I see it?
Sorry I never saw this question.

Its in the "Community Bestiary".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #283
Cullyn

Send a message via AIM to Cullyn Send a message via Yahoo to Cullyn

Old September 15th, 2012, 05:26 AM
I can confirm. I had to make a couple of tweaks to the .ZIP file that contains the .POR files. The one that springs to mind is the very first encounter in the game (trying to avoid spoilers here) where the beasties have 6 hp but have 9 in the POR. Easy fix. Other than that have been going through the PORs in prep for the game, which is tomorrow, and it's pretty awesome. You guys and gals (I assume) do the rest of us one hell of a service and I know I appreciate it deeply.
Cullyn is offline   #284
frumple

Old September 16th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Oops. Thanks for the catch Cullyn. (I entered the max hp for the critters instead of the average hp) I fixed it and will send it on to ShadowChemosh for inclusion in the next update.

FYI, there are some cases where what is in the book does not line up with what HL generates. I try to keep it as close to the book as I can, but sometimes I make a judgement that what is printed has an error (for example a creature having the wrong number of skill ranks that are allowed for its HD is one I have run into from time to time). In these cases I go with what HL generates.
frumple is offline   #285
Steev42

Old September 16th, 2012, 02:07 PM
So, I'm making up all the NPC's for Wake of the Watcher, as they don't seem to be in the downloadable .por files. I've come up with two issues, one related to the files, and one to HeroLab itself.

First, I'm using frumple's version of the Divine Guardian template, as it seemed to be the better of the two that were available (the other gave all of the abilities regardless of base creature's level). However, it only gives Knock 1/day, not 3/day as it should. Not a big deal, but I could see it causing issues for others.

Secondly, I've never used HL on the GM's side before to make monster encounters, particularly those imported from existing modules. Is there an easy way that I'm just currently being blind to for adjusting a bestiary monster's skills/feats/languages that are preselected? It seems that they're locked in place once I select the creature--so (for example) that same Divine Guardian has to use 'Personal' tab adjustments to reduce skill totals and increase skill points to get to the right totals. Is this right, or am I missing something there?
Steev42 is offline   #286
bodrin

Old September 16th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev42;
Snip.... Secondly, I've never used HL on the GM's side before to make monster encounters, particularly those imported from existing modules. Is there an easy way that I'm just currently being blind to for adjusting a bestiary monster's skills/feats/languages that are preselected? It seems that they're locked in place once I select the creature--so (for example) that same Divine Guardian has to use 'Personal' tab adjustments to reduce skill totals and increase skill points to get to the right totals. Is this right, or am I missing something there?
On the race tab you'll see a customise box.
If you select it all the standard skills / feats will be reset allowing you to adjust the base creature to your hearts content!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #287
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 17th, 2012, 08:32 PM
With the new upgrade I had to delete a community file (PFRPG_Tome_of_Horrors_frumple) otherwise it would just load in recovery mode. Now that I've done that, I'm getting an error:

Quote:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'rAP21Emabi' - Bootstrap thing 'rauEDStunC' does not exist
Thing 'rAP22SpkGu' - Bootstrap thing 'rauSntGSIv' does not exist
Thing 'rAP40Illag' - Bootstrap thing 'rauCpSpAsJ' does not exist
Thing 'rAP40Illag' - Bootstrap thing 'rauCrCorSp' does not exist
Thing 'rAP40Illag' - Bootstrap thing 'rauCpSpnPo' does not exist
Thing 'rAP40Illag' - Bootstrap thing 'rauCpSpnWb' does not exist
Thing 'rAP40Illag' - Bootstrap thing 'rauAstralS' does not exist
Thing 'rAP42AdvTh' - Bootstrap thing 'rauThsStAc' does not exist
Thing 'rAP42AdvTh' - Undefined tag 'Custom.thessHeads' referenced in bootstrap
Thing 'rAP42AdvTh' - Bootstrap thing 'rauThsHyTr' does not exist
Thing 'ruAP05JlMu' - Bootstrap thing 'rauMJAcid' does not exist
Thing 'ruAP05JlMu' - Bootstrap thing 'rauMJDivid' does not exist
Thing 'ruAP05JlMu' - Bootstrap thing 'rauMJEngAb' does not exist
Thing 'ruAP05JlMu' - Bootstrap thing 'rauMJPoiAu' does not exist
I'm sure these are also from some community files but I don't know which one(s) so I'm not sure how to address this.
blzbob is offline   #288
jerdog

Old September 17th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blzbob View Post
With the new upgrade I had to delete a community file (PFRPG_Tome_of_Horrors_frumple) otherwise it would just load in recovery mode. Now that I've done that, I'm getting an error:

I'm sure these are also from some community files but I don't know which one(s) so I'm not sure how to address this.
I am getting the same error.
jerdog is offline   #289
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old September 17th, 2012, 09:30 PM
For the tome of horrors error, it gives you the filename and line that's causing the problems.

Comment out: <thing id="xImmRust"

Making sure you comment out the entire 'thing' definition for xImmRust.

Working fine for me with that one change.

BoomerET
BoomerET is offline   #290
Closed Thread