Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Senko

Old October 10th, 2019, 02:25 AM
Playing around with this class and I noticed while there are interesting racial choices such as Dueragar Tyrant for the Eidolon there aren't Aasamir and Tiefling which are both becoming fairly common play choices.
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 10th, 2019, 07:17 AM
I'm having to manage so many games that I forget which game has which things in it, so without details (like the class and archetype you're referring to), I can't look this up to be sure, but I'd recommend double-checking the rules. It's very likely that this allows "any Humanoid" - tieflings and aasimar are outsiders with the native subtype, and if that's the case, they wouldn't qualify for the standard list of options for this eidolon.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old October 10th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Sorry posting when home sick and that was really unclear. Details . . .

Game System: Pathfinder Roleplaying
Class: Unchained Summoner.
Minion page (after you've added an unchained Eidolon on the summoner tab): Eidolon
Eidolon benefits tab: subtype - Ancestor.
Eidolon benefits tab: Ancestor form - choose race of new form.

It states in regards to the Eidolon's race ": At 1st level, an ancestor eidolon gains all of the racial traits associated with its summoner’s race; a summoner who isn’t a 0-Hit Die creature must choose one 0-Hit Die race of his choice from the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook. "

It doesn't require a humanoid race only to match the summoner's and/or be 0 HD. So if you were playing a troll or other monstrous humanoid you'd need to select a different race to your own however Aasamir, Tiefling and any other non-humanoid but 0 HD race is allowed. At least I've never heard of Aasamir or Tiefling's getting bonus HD.
Senko is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 10th, 2019, 11:57 AM
Ok, thanks for the details - in that case, please post a bug report for this, so we can get it on our to-do list.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 11th, 2019, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senko View Post
Sorry posting when home sick and that was really unclear. Details . . .

Game System: Pathfinder Roleplaying
Class: Unchained Summoner.
Minion page (after you've added an unchained Eidolon on the summoner tab): Eidolon
Eidolon benefits tab: subtype - Ancestor.
Eidolon benefits tab: Ancestor form - choose race of new form.

It states in regards to the Eidolon's race ": At 1st level, an ancestor eidolon gains all of the racial traits associated with its summoner’s race; a summoner who isn’t a 0-Hit Die creature must choose one 0-Hit Die race of his choice from the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook. "

It doesn't require a humanoid race only to match the summoner's and/or be 0 HD. So if you were playing a troll or other monstrous humanoid you'd need to select a different race to your own however Aasamir, Tiefling and any other non-humanoid but 0 HD race is allowed. At least I've never heard of Aasamir or Tiefling's getting bonus HD.
Part, if not all, of the answer is in the quoted text: "from the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook".

Aasimar and Tiefling are not races in the Core Rulebook. That would be limited to: Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Halfling, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, and Human. Aasimar and Tieflings are described in the Bestiary.
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old October 13th, 2019, 11:58 AM
Hmm I read that differently as in if your race is not a 0 HD race then you must choose a 0 HD race from the core rulebook. The first half of the sentence only specifies the Eidolon will match your race then the second half clarifies if you aren't a 0 HD race you must choose one from the core rule book.

I can see where your coming from though as you could read that as assuming your core race is going to be from there and you wouldn't be able to choose a Aasamir (GM generosity aside) instead of say a troll. Still either way the choices need to be adjusted. If my readings correct you should be able to choose Aasamir, Tieflings and the like because they are 0 HD races. If your reading is correct then all the races that aren't from the core rulebook (Wayang, Drow Noble, Duregar Tyrant, etc) which are currently selectable need to be removed as options.

Personally I'd prefer to go with my reading just for more options over less and while an Aasamir could easily summon a human ancestor it'd be odd for say a Kitsune or Goblin to use one of those races as an ancestor but not my call in the end.

Last edited by Senko; October 13th, 2019 at 12:05 PM.
Senko is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 13th, 2019, 12:23 PM
So what race is your Summoner... that's a very important detail to leave out.
Silveras is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old October 14th, 2019, 06:34 PM
None really for this as I was just mucking around testing various options to get an idea how it all worked together before I started final building/making changes. Final one will be an Aasamir (Hence why I noticed this) - Scion of Humanity (So I can actually use human for them) - Emberkin.
Senko is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old October 15th, 2019, 07:31 AM
Well, see, because the race of the Summoner influences the allowed result, it is kind of important to know. If you had not chosen a race, the default behavior might not allow some options.
Silveras is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old October 15th, 2019, 04:06 PM
Oh I thought everything was always shown it was just grayed out if you couldn't take it. I'll have to keep this in mind thanks. In this case I just double checked it and even with Assamir selected my ancestor Eidolon choices are from top down "Android, Astamoi, Catfolk" and then on through the other letters of the alphabet. I also noticed Deep One Hybrid in there which is from the beastiary if I remember right having humanoid and deep one types.
Senko is offline   #10 Reply With Quote