Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Bidmaron

Old August 10th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Thanks, BJ from one of the wolfpack.
Bidmaron is offline   #541 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old August 11th, 2018, 02:17 AM
Welcome to the firing line Rone... go ahead... walk out there where the targets are. Oh, before you go, why don't you put on this lovely t-shirt with the bullseye on it.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Viking2054 is offline   #542 Reply With Quote
Silevon

Old August 11th, 2018, 08:27 AM
I rarely come here (once or twice a year) but I drop in once in a while to see what's up with development.

I just wanted to say that despite the almost halted progress on this program I still love it. I stopped using it for a long while because at one point it would crash if you breathed on it. I give it another shot, saw some wonderful updates, and have been using it constantly since. It's one of the few tools that I have that helps me keep my stuff straight with Shadowrun. I used it at one point for Pathfinder as well.

I still look forward to any further updates and I hope more will be done with it eventually. It is sad to see it in its current state but I hope eventually the ball will get rolling on it again.

I'd love to see a community content section in this forum or something where people can post their creations (I saw some submission guidelines). I'd also love to see some more icons (I saw an old post about that) or a way to put my own into the files because there's a limited number I can use for a modern setting like Shadowrun.

But, keep up the good work! I look forward to hopefully seeing more eventually.
Silevon is offline   #543 Reply With Quote
jtnlange

Old August 11th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the update BJ. Have great week off.

Trevor L.

Shadowrun has a different definition of fair than a game like D&D. In D&D fair means not throwing the PC's up against things they can't beat. In Shadowrun fair is if you piss off the dude with the gauss rifle you eat a gauss rifle - ShadowcatX
jtnlange is offline   #544 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old August 11th, 2018, 03:39 PM
I hope BJ has a great week off, and I have no doubt she has earned it. However, this whole process has become absurd.

1) LWD makes a prediction about when something will be ready.
2) They predicted time comes and goes without a word from LWD.
3) The community gets frustrated and the forums get busy with complaints.
4) LWD finally chimes in with “so sorry, we are very busy” , but by (insert random date) we will probably have an announcement for you.
5) Repeat all steps.

Sorry if this comes off as negative, but the whole thing is absurd. At this point I’d need to have “chump” emblazed on my forehead if I believed any of it.

To be clear I don’t think any of the folks at LWD are being malicious or purposefully dishonest, I just won’t ignore the track record anymore.
meek75 is offline   #545 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old August 12th, 2018, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
Welcome to the firing line Rone... go ahead... walk out there where the targets are. Oh, before you go, why don't you put on this lovely t-shirt with the bullseye on it.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Aw, that's alright. My mother was a displacer beast, so all of your well-aimed bullets wind up hitting the devs around me instead. THAT'S what actually happened to Colen and Ian.

I very much understand why some are hesitant to believe our company will suddenly change the frequency and approach of our communications, but LWD recently took action to ensure I'll have the time and wavelength to play to my strengths.

So some saying, "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight" isn't exactly the motivating theme from Rocky I was hoping for as I train for the big fight, but I'll hurtle up these steps nonetheless.

I look forward to a day when a majority of the people presently unhappy turn around to declare that things are night and day better. It just has to be earned, and so I'll make sure my contribution to communications is not me sitting here spouting vague promises about coming improvements. My contributions will be the better future I help to forge.

And BJ, if you're reading this you are NOT doing time away well. Shoo!
Rone is offline   #546 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old August 12th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silevon View Post
I rarely come here (once or twice a year) but I drop in once in a while to see what's up with development.

I just wanted to say that despite the almost halted progress on this program I still love it. I stopped using it for a long while because at one point it would crash if you breathed on it. I give it another shot, saw some wonderful updates, and have been using it constantly since. It's one of the few tools that I have that helps me keep my stuff straight with Shadowrun. I used it at one point for Pathfinder as well.

I still look forward to any further updates and I hope more will be done with it eventually. It is sad to see it in its current state but I hope eventually the ball will get rolling on it again.

I'd love to see a community content section in this forum or something where people can post their creations (I saw some submission guidelines). I'd also love to see some more icons (I saw an old post about that) or a way to put my own into the files because there's a limited number I can use for a modern setting like Shadowrun.

But, keep up the good work! I look forward to hopefully seeing more eventually.
Yup. Still better CM tool than anything else out there.

Gary
Assistant Calendar Champion (retired)

GM: D&D 3.5 homegrown Local/Small Scale campaign
GMing blog: http://www.undiscoveredworlds.com
weogarth is offline   #547 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old August 14th, 2018, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone View Post
So some saying, "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight" isn't exactly the motivating theme from Rocky I was hoping for as I train for the big fight, but I'll hurtle up these steps nonetheless. Shoo!
If or when we see some real progress with RW development, enough to make the angry mob cheer hurrah anyway, then I expect the boss man would probably strut around to AC/DC's Back in Black.
Viking2054 is offline   #548 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old August 14th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
If or when we see some real progress with RW development, enough to make the angry mob cheer hurrah anyway, then I expect the boss man would probably strut around to AC/DC's Back in Black.
I for one would love to see Rob doing an "I told you so" strut on YouTube!

Last edited by stuartwaring; August 14th, 2018 at 12:33 PM.
stuartwaring is offline   #549 Reply With Quote
Frunk

Old August 15th, 2018, 01:23 AM
Have lurked here for quite a while. Just wanted to say thanks to BJ & Rone for grasping the nettle and trying to keep us informed.

And to the naysayers... LW would not be making efforts to step up communication if they plan to quietly drop the software and their KS obligations. Personally the software works... a little crash recently, but manageable. It is STILL unique in the marketplace and does a good job. I would love to see incremental improvements and the CM logjam is frustrating as it seems to be blocking these. Fingers crossed for September.
Frunk is offline   #550 Reply With Quote