Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Argamae

Send a message via ICQ to Argamae

Old May 2nd, 2010, 03:43 AM
Don't know if this is a bug or just by design - but it would really help if expendable items from the gear list (like # uses of a Healer's kit) would also be listed in the "tracked resources".

When I try to save my portfolio to PDF the programm tells me to download the pdf-plugin. But I have already done so! What am I doing wrong?

In Memoriam Gary Gygax (1938-2008)
"Dungeons & Dragons 4.0 is not a game to be cast aside lightly - it should be thrown, and with great force." Kurt Wiegel
Argamae is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
RickSummon

Old May 2nd, 2010, 10:11 AM
I just got the Pathfinder Bestiary add-on to Hero Lab, and so I tried using it to create a villain character — a night hag with 8 levels of witch. I added the ability increases for a monster with class levels and also added +2 to Int for levels, so the night hag witch has Int 24 (+7 bonus).

Hero Lab gets the attack bonus, saving throws, hit points, and save DCs for powers right — but it's giving me too few skill points. Outsiders get 6+Int bonus per HD and witches get 2+Int bonus per level, so for Int 24, 8 HD and 8 levels, that gives a total of 176 skill points. However, Hero Lab is only showing 161 skill points. Why is that?
RickSummon is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argamae View Post
When I try to save my portfolio to PDF the programm tells me to download the pdf-plugin. But I have already done so! What am I doing wrong?
The pdf plugin is a separate program that you have to install after downloading it.
Mathias is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Argamae

Send a message via ICQ to Argamae

Old May 3rd, 2010, 08:59 PM
@Mathias: yeah, my mistake was a different one but I was able to correctit. Thanks, it works now!

In Memoriam Gary Gygax (1938-2008)
"Dungeons & Dragons 4.0 is not a game to be cast aside lightly - it should be thrown, and with great force." Kurt Wiegel
Argamae is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 4th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSummon View Post
I just got the Pathfinder Bestiary add-on to Hero Lab, and so I tried using it to create a villain character — a night hag with 8 levels of witch. I added the ability increases for a monster with class levels and also added +2 to Int for levels, so the night hag witch has Int 24 (+7 bonus).

Hero Lab gets the attack bonus, saving throws, hit points, and save DCs for powers right — but it's giving me too few skill points. Outsiders get 6+Int bonus per HD and witches get 2+Int bonus per level, so for Int 24, 8 HD and 8 levels, that gives a total of 176 skill points. However, Hero Lab is only showing 161 skill points. Why is that?
Last time I researched the question of whether INT changes due to advancement added retroactive skill points, there was no official answer to the question available, so the v3.5 rules that did not allow retroactive skill points were left in place.

This time I found an official answer that they are retroactive: http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...kills&page=1#9

So, this'll be fixed in the next update.
Mathias is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
evilash

Old May 7th, 2010, 04:32 AM
When I create a +1 Composite Longbow (+2 Str) the damage displayed is 1d8+1, so it seems that the enhancement bonus overrides the Str bonus instead of stacking with it.
evilash is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old May 8th, 2010, 05:38 AM
I can not type negative numbers in array fields in the editor. Nor can I input a 0 in and array and have it stay.

Last edited by Mindcloud; May 8th, 2010 at 02:43 PM.
Mindcloud is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
TopCat

Old May 9th, 2010, 09:47 AM
The ability to prepare spells with metamagic applied seems to have been removed in the latest update. Previously, the first entry in the picklist of spells was "Custom/Metamagic Spell" but it's no longer there. Is there another way to prepare metamagic spells now, or is this a bug?

Edit: Should clarify that it's the Wizard that seems to have lost this ability. I just created a Druid and the Custom/Metamagic Spell item was in the picklist.

Last edited by TopCat; May 10th, 2010 at 08:09 AM.
TopCat is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 10th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcloud View Post
I can not type negative numbers in array fields in the editor. Nor can I input a 0 in and array and have it stay.
Hero Lab doesn't let you enter negative numbers into fields where they aren't allowed. Which field is giving you this problem? If you can't enter negative numbers into it, it's likely that negative numbers just aren't allowed there.
Colen is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old May 10th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hero Lab doesn't let you enter negative numbers into fields where they aren't allowed. Which field is giving you this problem? If you can't enter negative numbers into it, it's likely that negative numbers just aren't allowed there.
Lets say you create an animal companion race and want to put a progression for a stat like str or dex that changes over time in to an array field. If you start with a value of -5 int the stat modifier array field then increase to -3,0,3 you should get a progression of your stat's total on the char sheet of 5, 7, 10, 13. Thus as I see it you should be able to type negative numbers and zeros in an array field. You can edit the user file directly and enter the negative numbers and it works correctly in HL but zeros are still sanitized the next time you open the editor.
Mindcloud is offline   #40 Reply With Quote