Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MagicSN

Old October 24th, 2014, 02:25 AM
I am actually planning to send Mike an email to ask (I think might be better than Twitter) soon.

BTW, I did definitely NOT throw the towel. In the past 2 weeks:

- over-all refactoring of the code&files
- Adding "Sources" like in the 4e Datafiles (PHB, DMG Preview, Hoard of the Dragon Queen, Playtest items
not in the current printed material as Sources), rework of the starter window (where you now can select
which sources should be used and which not)
- Removed Houserules from the "basic" set of files and moved them into separate files (that was some work) which are optional
- A big update on the Tactical Console (used it first time myselves and did some new features based on this)
MagicSN is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old October 24th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Nice one fella, please keep us posted
talsharien is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old October 24th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
Nice one fella, please keep us posted
Sure will do!

BTW: Yesterday finally managed to implement the Magical Secrets stuff of the Bard (this "choose a spell from any class" is really hard to implement !!!)

Best regards,
MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Ozzie

Old October 30th, 2014, 12:09 AM
It's worth noting that Dungeonscape is not going to be affiliated with WotC going forward. Hero Lab may just have a shot at doing something.
Ozzie is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 30th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
It's worth noting that Dungeonscape is not going to be affiliated with WotC going forward. Hero Lab may just have a shot at doing something.
We'd love to, but sadly nothing's changed on our end, even with this news.
liz is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old October 31st, 2014, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
We'd love to, but sadly nothing's changed on our end, even with this news.
Liz, if this ever changes (and you get a licence), remember I have a now nearly fully implemented version (state of the code is much much better than the 4e code, for example no cut off text of feats, no 1[W] for Damage of melee attacks but the actual damage displayed, feats which give you spells of another class actually work, and so on - I took the opportunity to solve some issues I never liked with the 4e datafiles with the 5e ones) which you could have and be able to release something the same day you get the licence ;-)

I expect to have the full 5e PHB implemented in a few weeks.
MagicSN is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland

Old October 31st, 2014, 08:44 PM
That is really sweet. we are starting our first campaign with D&D 5e on NOV 1st. so hopefully, we can help you 'playtest' it?

Y'know, i really like the new D&D 5e over the 4th edition f--k up. the simplification of character creation has really created a new level of intimacy with the player. i created a human sorcerer with red dragon blood. i hope to multi-class him as a Paladin as well.

and i just want to say that i'm glad someone has come up with the 5e data set. i really like using HL and using it is so easy and fun. my gaming has taken new levels and i thank all of those who are smart enough to work with the codes. (sadly, i'm so far computer illiterate that computers just hate me...)the hepl that HL has created for gamers is beyond badass. thank you so very much for this.
TaylorBland is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old November 1st, 2014, 09:16 AM
Some more Screenshots (recent version) on Enworld.org, the character in the example does not make much sense, only purpose is to show off as many program features as possible (multiclass, magic initiate, bard magic school etc)

Still no good news regarding possibility to give the files to other people/license, currently talking with Mike Mearls on it.
But at least currently do not hope too much.

I am really sorry i cannot give away any files
Without permission from WotC (((
MagicSN is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 2nd, 2014, 04:19 AM
I just finishing building dragonborn for pathfinder using the Advanced Race Guide. Was about 14 RP.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
EberronKnight

Old November 2nd, 2014, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
Some more Screenshots (recent version) on Enworld.org, the character in the example does not make much sense, only purpose is to show off as many program features as possible (multiclass, magic initiate, bard magic school etc)

Still no good news regarding possibility to give the files to other people/license, currently talking with Mike Mearls on it.
But at least currently do not hope too much.

I am really sorry i cannot give away any files
Without permission from WotC (((
MagicSN, I saw your screenshots and they look awesome. I'm crossing my fingers that WOTC sees this as a opportunity to license 5E to Lonewolf.

We'll keep championing you and this quest of ours!

EK
EberronKnight is offline   #40 Reply With Quote