Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

CobaltBlues

Old February 18th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Which packages available for sale include new features that the user is unable to create on their own?

For example, I own the Ultimate Campaign addon and it includes several new tabs and features that I would be unable to create myself using the editor, or so it seems from my limited knowledge.

But I could create a monster from the Bestiary using the editor without actually purchasing the Bestiary addon.

The cost of the modules add up and if I only need a few rules, elements, or features from a book, can I create it myself or must I buy the addon pack?

Any insight?

Thanks,
Cobalt Blues
CobaltBlues is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 19th, 2019, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBlues View Post
Which packages available for sale include new features that the user is unable to create on their own?

For example, I own the Ultimate Campaign addon and it includes several new tabs and features that I would be unable to create myself using the editor, or so it seems from my limited knowledge.

But I could create a monster from the Bestiary using the editor without actually purchasing the Bestiary addon.

The cost of the modules add up and if I only need a few rules, elements, or features from a book, can I create it myself or must I buy the addon pack?

Any insight?

Thanks,
Cobalt Blues
In theory most of the content can be re-created in the editor. However In pathfinder there are a lot of complex interactions/interdepenancies that HL tends to account for. The biggest thing comes down to time vs money. Yeah I could in theory recreate something but if it takes 40 hours of coding/debugging to do so, is your time worth more than the $10 you spent on the supported package. I find that unless you have the skills of ShadowChemosh or similar anything more than the occasional 1off isnt worth the time it takes to properly code it.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old February 21st, 2019, 01:17 PM
Anything can be created given time and commitment.
However as one of those persons that have paid for official content and dedicated lots of time to coding stuff, I’ll gladly state having the official data files is easier.
With the caveat “creating custom code is highly satisfying!”

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote