Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aleslammer

Old December 20th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I recently purchased HeroLab and so far Im liking what is in there so far. I've started playing with the editor in creating a new class that we use in our campaign.

I've gone through the tutorials and was just wondering what the progression is for the Attack Bonus and Saving throughs. All I see is Good, Medium, or Poor. What do these values progress at? Is there any way to customize these?

Thanks for any help..
Aleslammer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
modus0

Old December 20th, 2009, 04:21 PM
The progressions for BAB progress at 1 point/level (Good), .75 points/level (Medium), and 1 point/2 levels (Poor). The Fighter is an example of the Good BAB progression, Cleric is Medium, and Wizard is Poor.

Save progression is as per the Good and Poor saving throws for a class. For example, the Fighter has Fortitude as a Good saving throw, and Reflex and Will as Poor saving throws.

As for customizing, aside from picking whether the BAB is Good, Medium, or Poor, and which save are Good and which are Poor, the d20/Pathfinder system isn't really meant to deal with other progression amounts.

Also note that in Pathfinder, HD for a class is tied to BAB. Good gets d10, Medium gets d8, and Poor gets d6. The only current exception to this is the Barbarian, who gets d12.
modus0 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aleslammer

Old December 20th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks. Am I safe to assume its all rounded down then too. As a 1.75 doesnt make sense as an attack bonus.
Aleslammer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
modus0

Old December 20th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Yes, rounded down.
modus0 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote