Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old November 28th, 2009, 06:13 PM
1. Since the Class Specials tab doesn't show a "Level Requirement" field in Pathfinder, where is this now specified?

2. Also, this doesn't seem to work any longer (specifically the xSumm isn't found):

field[xSumm].text = "Usable " & uses & " times/day."

What do I use instead?

Thanks!
AWizardInDallas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 28th, 2009, 08:03 PM
#1 is discussed in the class creation tutorials in the manual. You add ClSpecWhen.? tags to the bootstrap entry in the bootstrap menu.

abSumm has replaced xSumm, because abSumm now exists on everything that uses the Ability component (class specials, custom class specials, racial specials, feats, traits/flaws, etc.) - which means that once you learn how to construct one of those things, the lessons apply to all of them (unlike the d20 files, where each component called its fields by different names, and the capabilities they had were inconsistent from type to type).
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 28th, 2009, 08:04 PM
This may also help - it's the thread I wrote beck when class specials were added to the editor - it tries to explain some of the new design philosophy behind class specials;

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9314
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old November 28th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I tried that. It compiles fine but causes Hero Lab to think for a long time (i.e. "Not Responding") without adding levels in the new class at all.
AWizardInDallas is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 29th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Tried what? Could you be more specific, please?
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote