Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

hooly

Old December 28th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Hello All,

I've recently started using Hero Labs and love it. I do have a question regarding the Pathfinder Class of College Trained Fighter which is contained in the Pathfinder Chronicles Gazeteer.

How does one set that class up in Herolabs? I've tried using the editor without much success.

Its on page 12 if you want to take a look. It allows the fighter to give up its first level feat to gain additional skills and more skill points per level.
hooly is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 28th, 2009, 08:23 AM
You've seen the "skill points, total" and "skill points per level" adjustments on the Adjust tab, right? Along with the "Feats, total" adjustment? The easiest way would be to just add those three adjustments to the character.

Variant Classes are something that's in HeroLab, but I haven't un-commented the editor panel for them, so if you're willing to wait a month or so until I have the time to test them and make sure the switch from d20 to Pathfinder didn't break anything, the variant class will allow you to fill out a few fields in the editor, and then have something you can add to a class that will make all those changes for you.

The third option would be to set up a feat that applies the skill point modifications - you would start with the adjustments I mentioned above to figure out how to do that, and because it's a feat, it effectively takes away the fighter's 1st level feat slot. Please say so if you want me to guide you down this path.

The fourth is to create a new class, starting by copying the fighter. The class tutorial in the manual will probably be helpful here, but feel free to ask more specific questions.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote