Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

ibecker

Old November 4th, 2015, 03:43 PM
In version 205 of RW, the "Clear selection and re-scan for links" option in the right-click menu seems to have disappeared. Was this intentional? Has the option been moved elsewhere, or is it truly gone?

-Ian
ibecker is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 4th, 2015, 11:43 PM
It is now called "Clear All Content Links and Rescan", available under the "Quick Edit Content" menu.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ibecker

Old November 5th, 2015, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
It is now called "Clear All Content Links and Rescan", available under the "Quick Edit Content" menu.
Actually, that one was always there - it re-scans the entire Topic or Article. The one I'm talking about lets you highlight some text, and then right-click. In the menu, there would be a choice to "Clear selection and re-scan for links". It would only clear and re-scan the text you had selected (a word, a sentence, etc.). That option no longer appears in the right-click menu.

-Ian
ibecker is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old November 5th, 2015, 07:37 AM
I'm hoping it's just an oversight and that we'll get it back in an upcoming release. It was something I used from time to time.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 7th, 2015, 12:28 AM
It is no longer possible to perform a clear and rescan on only a portion of a snippet. Due to the way everything now works, the operation has to be performed on an entire snippet at a time.

If you want to rescan a snippet to include additional links that may have become known, simply insert a character into the snippet and delete the character back out again. Then save and all new links will be auto-detected.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ibecker

Old November 7th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
It is no longer possible to perform a clear and rescan on only a portion of a snippet. Due to the way everything now works, the operation has to be performed on an entire snippet at a time.

If you want to rescan a snippet to include additional links that may have become known, simply insert a character into the snippet and delete the character back out again. Then save and all new links will be auto-detected.
That's unfortunate; I found that feature very useful. However, if I can do it on a single snippet, that's ok - as long as I don't have to re-do the whole Article/Topic!

Thanks, Rob!
ibecker is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 7th, 2015, 12:45 PM
The option to perform a full clear and rescan exists on the snippet options menu to the right of the snippet. The trick of inserting and removing a character will allow new links to be detected without clearing any of the old ones.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 7th, 2015, 01:45 PM
And it works like a charm, Rob. I've been doing this for quite a while since I have a bad habit of duplicate names and I mislinked to the wrong ones occasionally. Remove link, space, backspace, scan, choose the other name. Nothing else changes because it was already scanned in the past. Magic.
AEIOU is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 11th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
...Magic.
Surely, sufficiently advanced technology?

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #9 Reply With Quote