Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

KevinMcc

Old March 10th, 2019, 02:15 PM
I was trying to not be needy, but I am. I don't know where I'm creating this selection helper. Could I get another nudge in the right direction?
KevinMcc is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 10th, 2019, 07:42 PM
Sorry, haven't looked at the forums over the weekend till now.

Looks like Selection Helpers don't have a tab in the editor, so you will need to work in the raw XML. It's good practice though. You'll want a text editor, I use EditPad, which has a free version, but any one would work.

Find the .user file and open it with the text editor, then copy the example I posted and paste it into the text file. Be careful that it is not pasted inside another element. In XML you'll see something like

<thing

Which opens an element. A "/" ends the element, like so:

</thing>

So you'll want to paste your new thing after the last "/thing" in your file, and before the line closing the document "/document"

From there, you can delete or modify tags and fields on the SelectHelp thing you pasted. This is what a tag looks like:
<tag group="sRange" tag="Personal"/>

In eval scripts, this is the same as "sRange.Personal"

Fields look like this:

<fieldval field="sTarget" value="You"/>

Hope that helps! I'll retire for the night, and look into your prior questions in the morning.
Aaron is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 12th, 2019, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMcc View Post
Even more stuff to play with. So exciting!

I am aware of Size Increase special (cDrCSizInc) it IS where I have made my stat change and I probably should have told you that. I call it Drake Maturation, going from juvenile to Adult. +2 Str & +2 Wis.

I guess I should be taking notes of all the stuff I've been trying because I now remember the info I put in from the race was because my maturation was not working at all until I finally figured out I did not have it set for Post-Level and the Race change mentioned was just a wild guess for what is not working. At least I now have taken that useless bit out. However, I still am not getting a +4 str at lvl 6. I do if I level to 12 & 18.

To be clear my strength progression I'm getting is lvl 1- 9, lvl 4- 11, lvl 6- 13, lvl 12- 17, lvl 18- 21 when I want lvl 1- 9, lvl 4- 11, lvl 6- 15, lvl 12- 19, lvl 18- 23

Would changing the priority or Index make a change?

Code:
~ abValue = Str Bonus
      ~ abValue2 = Wis Bonus
      field[abValue].value += (field[xCount].value * 2)
      field[abValue2].value += (field[xCount].value * 2)
Priority 5000 index 1
and

Code:
      ~ only run the rest for the first copy
      doneif (tagis[Helper.FirstCopy] = 0)

~ If we're not shown, just get out now
      doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
      doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

~These are permanent changes to size, and so shouldn't show as temp adjustments when we change attributes.
      perform hero.childfound[aSTR].assign[Helper.PermanentSizeIncr]
      perform hero.childfound[aWIS].assign[Helper.PermanentSizeIncr]

#applybonus[aSizeBon,hero.child[aSTR],field[abValue].value]
      #applybonus[aSizeBon,hero.child[aWIS],field[abValue2].value]
Priority 10000 index 2

Copied and modified from Size Increase special (cDrCSizInc)

Thank you so much for your help.
Kevin
xCount marks the number of copies of a particular class special have been gained. Have you tried bootstrapping an extra copy of the ability at 6th level?
Aaron is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 12th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMcc View Post
Not that it matters at this point, and is another reason for taking notes, I now recall why I made that size addition to the rDrakeComp. the size change was not working. The stats were changing but the drake size was staying at tiny. I tried that as a way to make it work and it did. However, it is working without it now.
My guess, since your working with companion stuff, is that it was an evaluation behind and needed to do a full evaluation to catch up and actually change the size.
Aaron is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
KevinMcc

Old March 12th, 2019, 07:12 PM
Adding another copy resulted in an increase in the wisdom stat but did nothing for the strength stat. It stayed at 13.
KevinMcc is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
KevinMcc

Old March 12th, 2019, 08:27 PM
Flash of insight did not work either. Changed abvalue to match in both class special eval scripts.
KevinMcc is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 13th, 2019, 08:01 AM
At this point, I'd like to take a closer look at what you've got going. Can you send me a copy of your user files (aaron.beal At wolflair dot com)? Its just the strength not being adjusted up at 6th which is the problem, right? You've got the selection helper entered and the breath weapon is sorted?
Aaron is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
KevinMcc

Old March 13th, 2019, 09:36 AM
It is in the mail!

THANK YOU
KevinMcc is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 13th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Got it, I'll try to take a look this evening after work.
Aaron is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 14th, 2019, 07:21 PM
Sorry, a day late, but I think I figured out why your str is lagging 2 behind what you expect. It appears to be an issue of stacking bonuses.

The special Drake Maturation (cBDrKEVMat) at 4th level is using applybonus to add 2 as a size bonus to Str. 2 levels later, at 6th Size Increase, Bound Drake (cBDrKEVSizInc) is using applybonus to add 4 to Str, but applybonus is for non-stacking bonuses. Since you already have 2 in the aSizeBon field, it only gains the higher of the two bonuses (4), which is why it looks like it is only increasing 2.

If you want the bonuses to stack, either don't use the applybonus macro, or have the 6th level and subsequent copies add to the value of Drake Maturation instead of applying the bonus to Str themselves.
Aaron is offline   #20 Reply With Quote