Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Oteri

Old December 29th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I had some questions before I went and dropped any more money on Hero Labs I was hoping to get answered.

I have some NPCs I want to create in Hero Labs for my campaign, that include some feats/class features from Blood of the Beasts. If I pick up BotB, will it give me access to select those races or do I need the main book that they're in, I think Advanced Race Guide...not positive offhand...in addition to BotB?

Thanks in advance.
Oteri is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 30th, 2018, 12:51 AM
You need the book which provides the races in order to use those races with other books.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 30th, 2018, 04:10 AM
Although, it's also worth noting that it is not hard at all to add a lot of stuff in the editor, especially if it doesn't mechanically impact stats, etc.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old December 30th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Although, it's also worth noting that it is not hard at all to add a lot of stuff in the editor, especially if it doesn't mechanically impact stats, etc.
When you say things like this, you have to remember that different people have different levels of tech savvy. I've tried showing some people how to use the editor, and it just didn't click with them. So, "not hard at all" is true for some people in some cases, but not universally.
EightBitz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 30th, 2018, 03:41 PM
True. It is something they can try, even in the demo mode.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Oteri

Old December 30th, 2018, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to things like the editor...And primarily, I'm looking at a few specific races, and one has an archtype that is race specific, so I think just sucking it up and shelling out the $18 or whatever won't hurt that badly.

Thanks for the advice though. It's appreciated.
Oteri is offline   #6 Reply With Quote