Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

ben.rincon

Old May 22nd, 2018, 05:26 AM
Good morning! I wanted to ask if there were still, or ever were, plans to make a folder system for character selection?

In any case, are there plans to make the PDF readout a bit more... descriptive? Or will there be an entirely different way to print the sheets/make them a PDF?

Finally, at a certain (admittedly wierd point) in the book, it mentions that all Level 1 or higher armor comes with a free personal comm unit. Are there plans to put this in place, beyond just adding one yourself for free?

Thanks for your time!
ben.rincon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 23rd, 2018, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.rincon View Post
Finally, at a certain (admittedly wierd point) in the book, it mentions that all Level 1 or higher armor comes with a free personal comm unit. Are there plans to put this in place, beyond just adding one yourself for free?

Thanks for your time!
Man, in the future cellphones are so ubiquitous that they are thrown in for free with other purchases!

Hot Dog Man: Hey, you want anything with that dog? Onion? Relish? Ground up comm unit?

Me: You have comm units as a topping?

HDM: Yeah, get em by the bundle when I order the wax paper for my dogs. Androids love em! They're Android brand, come to think of it. Maybe that's good for em? Like ma used to say "you are what you eat".
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 23rd, 2018, 02:59 PM
Could you please be more specific about what you're referring to about comm units in armor? What page number is that on?
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ben.rincon

Old May 23rd, 2018, 03:29 PM
Very helpful comment, Aaron! Exactly what I was looking for from a senior staff member!

Mathias, I checked it out and its page 430 of the core rulebook, under the Planetary heading.

"Personal comm units are common, inexpensive devices that are capable of communicating with each other on a single planet or between ships orbiting a given world. Small enough to be carried in a pocket, they also come automatically integrated into all armor of 1st level or higher."

The second sentence is, of course, the pertinent information.
ben.rincon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old May 23rd, 2018, 03:37 PM
<redacted>

Dave
Champion for XML output, ??XSLT??

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 24th, 2018, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.rincon View Post
Very helpful comment, Aaron! Exactly what I was looking for from a senior staff member!

Mathias, I checked it out and its page 430 of the core rulebook, under the Planetary heading.

"Personal comm units are common, inexpensive devices that are capable of communicating with each other on a single planet or between ships orbiting a given world. Small enough to be carried in a pocket, they also come automatically integrated into all armor of 1st level or higher."

The second sentence is, of course, the pertinent information.
Staff member or not, sometimes it's fun to let your hair down and joke about something. I knew Mathias had you covered, but if you want a helpful comment from me then I would urge you to report potential bugs like this to our automated system. It is linked in a sticky thread upforum, and makes it easier for us to track issues internally. Hope that helps!
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ben.rincon

Old May 24th, 2018, 05:36 AM
Well, do forgive. I work long hours at a government job and my hair gets a bit on end. What little of it left anyway. Balding at 27, and couldnt even grow a beard if I wanted to. Its starting to grow patches; from stress apparently according to our IDC.

But yeah, thing is: Wasnt sure if this was a bug, or an oversight. Or something that was addressed previously.

And then there were my questions about the folder system as well as about the PDF output.

But thanks for the tip! In the future if Im not sure, Ill just put it in as both.
ben.rincon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 24th, 2018, 06:04 AM
I can sympathize, I started my balding at 25. I'll point Joe to this thread regarding organization and printing output, that's a bit out of my wheelhouse as a DFA. Be aware though that he is also at PaizoCon (I think) so might not be able to answer for a while.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ben.rincon

Old May 25th, 2018, 05:04 AM
No worries! I appreciate the heads up for that! Have a great day. And a good and safe memorial day weekend.
ben.rincon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 29th, 2018, 11:06 AM
We do have plans for a more robust organization system for characters in the future. It may come in the form of "folders", or tags, or a combination of both. No ETA on this right now, however.

As for PDFs, I'm not sure what you mean by "more descriptive". What are you looking for exactly? We do already have plans to add options to include full ability/spell descriptions, if that's what you mean. There are also numerous other improvements in the pipeline as well (e.g. showing armor upgrades, and general layout improvements).
Joe is offline   #10 Reply With Quote