Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

joegood666

Old October 8th, 2017, 07:17 AM
This is an enhancement request.

Whenever Hero Labs updates, new modules are automatically selected in the hero configuration. I'm sure that for most users this is a benefit, but our group wants to run a "these books only" game, and it gets very difficult when every time Hero Labs updates, every new AP book or feature gets auto-added to all our existing characters.

It would be very nice to have an option of, "Do not auto-include new content" somewhere.
joegood666 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old October 9th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joegood666 View Post
Whenever Hero Labs updates, new modules are automatically selected in the hero configuration.
I have not seen this happen with my own characters. Maybe there's something else going on, such as a preference setting that says "auto-use new materials" or something?
Azhrei is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 9th, 2017, 01:00 PM
I'm not sure why Azhrei isn't seeing this happen, because our assumption is that if you've paid us for the content from a book, you want to use it for your characters, but once you set new defaults one time, you shouldn't have those settings turning on for any other characters.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 9th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
I have not seen this happen with my own characters. Maybe there's something else going on, such as a preference setting that says "auto-use new materials" or something?
I am assuming you are not constantly buying the latest books that come out with each monthly release. I buy everything and new "books" are constantly turning on.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 9th, 2017, 01:42 PM
I buy very little, but still have the problem of going through my settings to turn stuff off and re-save my defaults after an update. It's the "free" content that turns itself on that I'm having hassles with, and possibly the OP too.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 9th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
I buy very little, but still have the problem of going through my settings to turn stuff off and re-save my defaults after an update. It's the "free" content that turns itself on that I'm having hassles with, and possibly the OP too.
Some of the "free" ones have been turned off. Temple of Jignesh or whatever its called is one I know got changed.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 10th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Temple of Jing, kept turning itself on with each update.
I noticed this, because it would periodically (with each enable event) give a new knowledge skill.
Then I would re-turn it off.

Each time it is offered, I purchase the 2015, 2016, 2017 etc..., bundle, so each update has new content that auto enables.
Ualaa is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old October 10th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Ah, that's correct -- I don't just automatically buy everything that comes out. Man, you people have way more money than I do apparently! (Or maybe you're just stronger fans. )
Azhrei is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 10th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
(Or maybe you're just stronger fans. )
I need to be able to double check the community Pack vs an ALL official content install. It also allows me to debug issues as I can turn on just some licenses to duplicate a persons install of licenses.

I actually don't use it all. I actually found a few issues with HL that LW fixed because of how much content I had turned on.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
joegood666

Old October 22nd, 2017, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm not sure why Azhrei isn't seeing this happen, because our assumption is that if you've paid us for the content from a book, you want to use it for your characters, but once you set new defaults one time, you shouldn't have those settings turning on for any other characters.
As noted above, I set the defaults, then when even new free content comes out it's enabled.

So my experience is that all new content, whether purchased or free, shows up in your default list and all your existing character configurations as "enabled".

The adventure path content is a good example: Every time Lone Wolf adds a new Adventure Path to Hero Labs, that AP shows up as enabled in all my existing characters, as well as in my default settings.

Last edited by joegood666; October 22nd, 2017 at 08:45 PM.
joegood666 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote