Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ed Reppert

Old September 18th, 2023, 11:33 AM
It seems to me that a Kineticist's Elemental Blasts are a key part of his character, so I would like to see them listed as both melee and ranged weapons in the statblock and on the character sheet. For example, for the statblock:

Melee [1 or 2] water blast +7 (attack, impulse, primal) Damage 1d8 B or Cold (1 action) or 1d8+4 B or Cold (2 actions)
Ranged [1 or 2] water blast +7 (attack, impulse, primal, range 30 ft), Damage 1d8 B or Cold (1 action) or 1d8+4 B or Cold (2 actions)

Also, named staves (eg, staff of water) should display any fundamental runes the same way other weapons do, eg Staff of Water +1 striking in both play mode and build mode in HLO as well as in statblocks and on the character sheet.

Last edited by Ed Reppert; September 18th, 2023 at 11:42 AM.
Ed Reppert is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 18th, 2023, 09:31 PM
It was a bit of a gray area, since while they are central, they're also in the same vein as cantrips are imo. Being special abilities like any other impulse, so I opted to treat them like other special abilities, so weapons are with weapons, abilities are with abilities, and spells are with spells. It is something on my board for us to look at improving though, for both abilities and spell, to see if we can present information better, especially for elemental blast.

Elemental blast is also a bit of a complicated case to list as you did, since rather than clutter the character with the 6 different elements of blasts you can possibly have I opted to make it as single ability as the book lists it. So it wouldn't list each type distinctly unless I reworked the ability completely, which I don't think is great design hence not doing it in the first place. But it definitely is on my list of things to look into how we can improve display of, it's just going to be a bit before we can do so.

Staves don't list additional runes because they're specific magic weapons which don't alter their names based on contained runes. Is there something to be gained by listing them? I'd be more inclined to agree in the case of property runes, since those would be additional effects not inherently part of the weapon, but fundamental runes are just stat improvements which are accounted for in the calculated values.
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
runnetib

Old September 20th, 2023, 09:46 PM
Is there any momentum on having them added to printed character sheets with the attack/damage breakdown, as they are not yet available?
runnetib is offline   #3 Reply With Quote