Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Rikhavok

Old November 6th, 2012, 02:44 PM
The reason is obvious.

1: There are more Ipad users in the hands of consumers than all other computer touchpad combined. (a kindle reader doesn't count as it wouldn't be able to run this software.)

2: The iPhone 4S is the highest selling phone of all time. Not to mention that there are other Iphones out there.

3: And not to mention the standardized platform makes it an easier platform to program for.
Rikhavok is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
harmor

Old November 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM
Add me to the growing list of iPad owners who'd love to have a native HeroLab app.

Also, doing a Kickstarter to kick this project into full gear would gauge interest and provide incentive to LoneWolf.

Is there an Alpha or Beta we could participate in to give feedback?

EDIT: BTW, I would be fine with a limited editable version at first. I do leveling on my PC anyway, but being able to add/remove equipment, apply conditions, and maintain spells would be sufficient at the table for me. Sync'ing with Dropbox would be nice that way you guys wouldn't need to add a data transport layer and could focus on building the app. I'm assuming you could email an HL file as an attachment.

Last edited by harmor; November 21st, 2012 at 07:31 PM.
harmor is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 25th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I have an android phone, but as mentioned in a few posts, there are a LOT of different OS versions for the various Androids. That is a big reason to not do Android at this time.

I am planning to get an Ipad 4 next month. It will be my first I-device. In time it is very likely that I will ditch my android phone and get an I-phone. If I buy an app I can use it on ALL of my I-devices. I often have to buy the android apps separately for each device.

My desktop PC is Windows 7. I do not see myself switching to Mac. I am neutral in the PC vs Mac war. But being able to share files from my PC to my Ipad is a consideration. I am not likely to be alone here. As mentioned a cloud would help, but there are some issues with that. Maybe there could be an export to Ipad option on the desktop. But it would also need to be reversible from things that happened in game. As Lone Wolf already knows, it would need to be able to be stored locally on the device as well as cloud in case of variations in connectivity.

I am particularly wanting the Ipad version to support Mutants and Masterminds. I own a lot of Pathfinder materials but I like to use them in M&M. I like to get the ability that I want and not have to plot out classes, levels, feats, etc just to potentially be abe to get a given ability that has dubious game balance.

Messing around with the character itself is the main use for me. The in-play is also very useful for a tablet so, like others, I can use it at the gaming table to run my games.

I am willing to help beta test things. Most people on these forums are also likely to be willing to do so.
SeeleyOne is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
harmor

Old November 28th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Count me in for BETA testing the app.

I use Dropbox to share files between my ipad and windows PC.
harmor is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
Rikhavok

Old November 28th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I found a way to use hero lab on the iPad. Splashtop XDisplay. It will allow you to emulate you PC though your wifi network. You still have to be within your network area but your PC can sit over there while you use the ipad over here. Warning though. It is a little laggy.

I use it as a second monitor for my laptop.
Rikhavok is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
EberronKnight

Old November 29th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Sold my Android tablet to a friend and now have the 3rd Gen iPad. In the meantime, as Rikhavok mentioned, I could use Splashtop which I already bought to play with HL on my iPad. Of course look forward to the actual version of HL for the Ipad.

EK
EberronKnight is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
wess

Old November 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Rob,
You seem to be the main contact for this thread. I would be more than happy to help Beta test for you. I use the desktop application for my game and would love to use an iPad version.
I offer my help as I am a Software Design Engineer in QA, have loads of iOS experience in Testing and would be happy to help out as I love the Desktop Application.

Cheers,
Wes
wess is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
harmor

Old December 5th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Will we be lucky enough to have a BETA version of it for Christmas?
harmor is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Shaladain

Old December 19th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Just got my iPad, came here looking to see what the latest was. Looks like not for a while?
Shaladain is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
insaneurge

Old January 11th, 2013, 04:22 PM
I just (like 10 minutes ago) purchased my first apple product, an ipad, specifically with the intent of being able to use the herolab app.
insaneurge is offline   #70 Reply With Quote