Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheRubberduck

Old November 1st, 2014, 02:34 AM
Is it possible to link directly to smart images?

I have a region topic, with an attached smart image map. I also have a bunch of town topics. I'd like to be able to link directly to the map, so that I don't have to go through the region topic every time I want to see a town's position on the map.

Is this possible at the current time, or should I make a Feature Request?
TheRubberduck is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 1st, 2014, 04:19 AM
If there is a pin on the map which points to the town's topic, then you will have a reverse link available on the town's topic page to get back to the map.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 5th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Is there any way to link directly to a map from another map?

E.g., on the region topics map, can I link direct to a town map?

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 5th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Not yet. And not yet. Both suggestions have been made on the suggestions forum and hopefully they'll be included in the pending questionnaire so we can rank their importance.

Linking to smart images would be very helpful so you can use the same map for multiple entries.

Linking maps to other maps would also be helpful so you can zoom from a large area to a more detailed map or building.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 6th, 2014, 02:33 AM
At the moment, I've followed Farlings suggestion and placed a pin on the lower map to the upper topic so I can pop directly to the lower map to the upper topic.

Direct linking would be great, but I realise there is a lot of things they want to put in to RW.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.

Last edited by Zaphod Beebledoc; November 6th, 2014 at 02:35 AM. Reason: More info.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old November 6th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Linking maps to other maps would also be helpful so you can zoom from a large area to a more detailed map or building.
Yep +1 to this
country, to province, to city, to district, or even to the outside of a building vs the inside, the applications would reap 10 fold
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 8th, 2014, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
At the moment, I've followed Farlings suggestion and placed a pin on the lower map to the upper topic so I can pop directly to the lower map to the upper topic.

Direct linking would be great, but I realise there is a lot of things they want to put in to RW.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here, but I don't think you need to do anything to get the reverse linkage. Let's say you have a topic named "Continent". You attach a smart image to "Continent" that provides a map of the entire area. You have a second topic named "Region". You place a pin on the "Continent" map and associate it with the "Region" topic. At this point, the "Region" topic should possess an inbound content link within the transitions pane from the "Continent" map. So you should already have a link back to the containing map, without the need to create another link for that purpose. Or am I missing something here?
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old December 8th, 2014, 06:03 AM
I want to get from the "Region" map straight to the "Continent" topic.

Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 9th, 2014, 02:24 PM
You can add a pin to your favorite corner of the map or next to the key for the continent to give it a link back. Breadcrumbs would be nice but this should provide the functionality you desire right now.
AEIOU is offline   #9 Reply With Quote