Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ErinRigh

Old November 21st, 2017, 05:34 AM
I have been spending an exorbitant amount of time coding in the Ultimate Gladiator Class from TPK Games. I am about 20 hours in, and I took a break to help TobyFox, get the D&D conversion stuff ready and thus dloaded his Dark Sun files

Now I have two Gladiator Classes with the same unique ID (cGladiator), I don't want to have to change my ID because it is tied to about half of a list of 150 or so custom abilities, and I can't ask Toby to change the Dark Sun one, so what I'm asking is;

Is there a way that I can have my class overrule his, so that the program ignores his and uses mine? I don't want to lose the rest of the Dark Sun stuff, but I don't want to waste my work either?
ErinRigh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old November 21st, 2017, 06:10 AM
Easier solution would be to rename yours. If you open the .user files in something like Notepad++ and just do a mass replace on your files it should take ~3 minutes to fix the issue.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old November 21st, 2017, 06:31 AM
You're right that was hela easy, I didn't know user files were just xml
ErinRigh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old November 21st, 2017, 07:29 AM
Should have asked me about this problem, though I would have given the same answer about renaming in Notepad++

it can be a pain, but it is possible.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 21st, 2017, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
I have been spending an exorbitant amount of time coding in the Ultimate Gladiator Class from TPK Games. I am about 20 hours in, and I took a break to help TobyFox, get the D&D conversion stuff ready and thus dloaded his Dark Sun files

Now I have two Gladiator Classes with the same unique ID (cGladiator), I don't want to have to change my ID because it is tied to about half of a list of 150 or so custom abilities, and I can't ask Toby to change the Dark Sun one, so what I'm asking is;

Is there a way that I can have my class overrule his, so that the program ignores his and uses mine? I don't want to lose the rest of the Dark Sun stuff, but I don't want to waste my work either?
You should already be using a Unique Two Letter ID for EVERYTHING you are creating. If you have not done this do it now for EVERYTHING. Especially BEFORE you release into the wild because changing Unique ID's later means breaking peoples characters.

The easy way of doing this is in the editor go to "Tools->Set User Identifier".

In addition DO NOT make 7 character Class ID's. cHelpGld is also wrong and needs to be avoided. Use all 10 Characters and again add in your two digit value so you end up with cHelpERGld instead.

You Unique ID must be Unique across every single thing to ever be added to HL in Pathfinder starting today and into the future.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old November 22nd, 2017, 03:33 AM
I second what Shadow said. Otherwise you are opening yourself up to situations like what happened with when Ultimate Wilderness was released. :/
frumple is offline   #6 Reply With Quote