Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Faerie

Old April 26th, 2016, 12:13 AM
I originally bought Realm Works thinking it'd be a great tool as a GM. And it is, I'm using it to build a campaign I intend to run. Actually, I've used it to manage the world setting for a few games. But what I find I use Realm Works the most for is with my writing.

I enjoy writing short stories, and find Realm Works lets me create more detailed worlds. Instead of having to remember how I characterized someone I introduced several chapters or stories ago, I can look up the entry I made in Realm Works. Plot notes, personality profiles, notes for prior events, things that happened 'off camera' but have an impact, and the like all find their way into Realm Works for any given story setting.

For me it works better then creating a bulletin point storyboard the way my old English teacher taught. Since I'm a more organic writer then some, having a tool like Realm Works I feel helps me up my game. But this made me wonder, how do others use Realm Works? Is it a tool you use to storyboard video games your making via RPG Maker? Do you use it just for managing sessions in your campaign, or for other things? I'm curious to hear.
Faerie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Shadowy_one

Old April 26th, 2016, 01:02 AM
Hi Faerie,

currently I'm using Realm Works only for my RPG campaigns, but I've also started looking into putting my ideas for books into it as well. It works really well for that and I'm looking forward to hearing what others do.
Shadowy_one is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old April 28th, 2016, 06:39 AM
Yes, it is a great tool for campaign world management as well as a helping tool to give my novels clear structures. I use it both ways.
Campaign world management as I utilize it consists of three distinct use cases:
1. planning and development of adventures, connecting them to whole campaigns set in a documented and structured game world;
2. showing information, e.g. maps and pictures, to the players during the session;
3. documentation of the final course of action taken during the gaming session. My group is sometimes very creative with their ideas so I have to improvise a lot. RW helps me to not only keep that information, but connect it to the existing other content and to re-use it in the next sessions.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote