Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

themantheycallcris

Old November 21st, 2013, 09:49 PM
I was thinking it would be cool if there was a way to tag items/skills/feats/etc for leveling up. Spending time to research over and over, and forget what you wanted to compare, gets a bit frustrating. Not that this is due to a problem with HeroLab, but it certainly is an opportunity for Hero Lab to provide another level of service.

For example, I have a Pathfinder hero, a dwarf fighter. I'd like to get all of the cleave feats, but when I look at other directions I could go it's hard to compare them to the cleave package because when I jump from one skill to the next I loose what I'm looking for.

Additionally, if tagging could be combined with comparing (showing side by side, etc...) it would virtually eliminate the need for having paper/pen with me when using Hero Lab... which is the point of Hero Lab.

Any thoughts?

Christ is King!
themantheycallcris is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old November 22nd, 2013, 07:11 PM
I have to admit that I kinda work around this in a clunky fashion, by making copies of the character (naming them Future 1, Future 2...) in the portfolio and fooling around with them, then deleting (or possibly exporting) them when I'm done.

It's not really what you're looking for, but it is a way of comparing options.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Faerie

Old December 6th, 2013, 04:22 PM
I think this would be awesome for a different reason. Namely for a character with a metric ton of skill points each level (high intelligence rogues for instance) it can take a long time to do skills alone. If you could mark a skill to be raised automatically each level that would be nice.

Also would be handy for if Paladium Books every manages to work out a deal with Lone Wolf. It'd solve the most tedious part of leveling a character in Heroes Unlimited or Rifts
Faerie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote