Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2009, 09:31 PM
I'm working on the Dark Heresy system, and I'm trying to figure out how to model the insanity and corruption points in the system - derived traits, resources, or something else. Here's what I need to cover (#1 and #2 I know how to do):

1)Buying some character options (skills, talents, etc.) can add both types of points.

2)Reaching certain levels of each can add derangements/mutations. I'll probably make these permanent adjustments for the Personal tab, since gaining them isn't guaranteed at the appropriate insanity/corruption levels, and a GM could always assign them due to events.

3)It's possible to gain points in both during adventures. I'd like this to be recorded through the journal.

4)It's possible to remove insanity (but not corruption) points by spending XP, although once you reach certain plateaus, you can't go below the plateau.

Looking through the journal tab, I can't figure out whether the script buttons that modify cash and experience could be used to modify the trtInPlay field of a derived trait, or if they only work on resources.

Can resources be set up to interact with experience and the advancement process?

I'm thinking I may have to make a unique compset for insanity, since both resources and derived traits lack the CanAdvance component.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote