Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Drake1977

Old July 1st, 2015, 09:40 PM
I'm trying to fix a slight error that I keep running into and I am not sure how to fix it. Here is the error that I am getting.

Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fTPKAncVen' on line 1
-> Tag 'HasAbility.raAncEnmit' not defined
Drake1977 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 1st, 2015, 09:53 PM
The feat is looking for a prereq of raAncEnmit and it doesn't exist. That is not an ability from Lone Wolf so I'm not sure what it is. Are you creating a user file or were you given a file from someone else?
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Drake1977

Old July 1st, 2015, 10:32 PM
The file is was given to me, just trying to find the problem and fix it.
Drake1977 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old July 2nd, 2015, 10:02 AM
Were you just given one file? Because I'm guessing that file is part of a package, and you were only given one part instead of the whole thing.
TheIronGolem is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Drake1977

Old July 9th, 2015, 12:12 AM
Sorry, I should of been a little bit more clear. It is an entire package of custom feats. The original creator gave up on working with it, so it is unfinished. The error I am having trouble with is for one of the feats. In the feat description, one of the prerequisites is Enmity. Problem is this, it is listed like this: #hasability[raAncEnmit] + #hasability[raDwAnEnmi] + #hasability[raEterGrud] <> 0

The problem seems to lie with #hasability[raAncEnmit]. I am not sure if it was entered wrong, or if it was supposed to be entered and never was.
Drake1977 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old July 9th, 2015, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1977 View Post
In the feat description, one of the prerequisites is Enmity. Problem is this, it is listed like this: #hasability[raAncEnmit] + #hasability[raDwAnEnmi] + #hasability[raEterGrud] <> 0

The problem seems to lie with #hasability[raAncEnmit]. I am not sure if it was entered wrong, or if it was supposed to be entered and never was.
As listed, your feat has a prerequisite of "at least one" of the three abilities listed. However, raAncEnmit is probably not defined in your feat set, so HeroLab throws an error as it does not know that thing called raAncEnmit that the prereq refers to.

2 solutions: either remove raAncEnmit from the prereq, or create it as a thing in your feat set (i.e. .user file). You may very well create it as a thing with no scripts attached or anything else (so it does not do anything), but if it is present in the .user file HeroLab will not go into safe mode.
Lord Magus is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RangedDM

Old February 14th, 2016, 03:26 AM
I was having this very same problem and this thread helped me out quite a bit, in a round about sort of way.

Make sure you are using the full unique ID of the add in .user file thing

example fJRM_Luck is the unique ID of the thing I was having trouble with. I imagine that the ability you trying to call is actually named something like that, maybe raXX_AncEnmit.
RangedDM is offline   #7 Reply With Quote