Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Vellcrow

Old April 4th, 2013, 04:00 PM
I just started using Hero Lab and so far, I really like it. My only issue at this point is regarding the disguise skill. It shows in the data file to be a "trained" skill. I tried using the editor to make it an untrained skill, but it will not allow me to save it. I also noticed, after a search on the forum, that this issue has been brought up in the past (about a year ago) and that it was also addressed with the 2.4 release of the Pathfinder files. I already sent an email to LWD tech support, but I thought someone might have an answer here.

I noticed that my post was moved, maybe because I mentioned the Pathfinder files. My issue is with the d20 OGL files, not Pathfinder.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by Vellcrow; April 4th, 2013 at 05:26 PM.
Vellcrow is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old April 5th, 2013, 06:21 AM
If you have the D20 OGL files and it was fixed in the Pathfinder Files, it would mean that it was not fixed in the D20 files. Sorry. Though I wish I did have the answer, unfortunately I do not. Someone else might like Shadowchemosh, might be able to help out.

Good luck sir!
Nikmal is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Vellcrow

Old April 5th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Here is a thread I read about this very subject; it is dated JAN 2012. I guess it was never addresed.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...light=disguise
Vellcrow is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 5th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellcrow View Post
Here is a thread I read about this very subject; it is dated JAN 2012. I guess it was never addresed.

Edit: Noticed you are talking about D20 not PF.

Here is a fix. Put this in your d20 directory and call it something like Fixed-Disguise.user
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<document signature="Hero Lab Data">
  <thing id="kDisgRis" name="Disguise" description="Your disguise check determines how good a disguise you create is, and it is opposed by others Spot check results. If you don&apos;t draw any attention to yourself, others do not get to make Spot checks; suspicious people (such as guards at a city gate) can be assumed to be Taking 10 on their Spot checks.\n\n{b}Synergy{/b}: If you have 5 or more ranks in Bluff, you get a +2 bonus on Disguise checks when you know that you&apos;re being observed and you act in character.\n\nRisner: Fixed to be untrained" compset="Skill" replaces="kDisguise" uniqueness="unique">
    <fieldval field="kAbbrev" value="Disg"/>
    <link linkage="skillattr" thing="aCHA"/>
    </thing>
  </document>

Last edited by risner; April 5th, 2013 at 10:04 AM.
risner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old April 5th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks Risner
Nikmal is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Vellcrow

Old April 5th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risner View Post
Edit: Noticed you are talking about D20 not PF.

Here is a fix. Put this in your d20 directory and call it something like Fixed-Disguise.user
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<document signature="Hero Lab Data">
  <thing id="kDisgRis" name="Disguise" description="Your disguise check determines how good a disguise you create is, and it is opposed by others Spot check results. If you don&apos;t draw any attention to yourself, others do not get to make Spot checks; suspicious people (such as guards at a city gate) can be assumed to be Taking 10 on their Spot checks.\n\n{b}Synergy{/b}: If you have 5 or more ranks in Bluff, you get a +2 bonus on Disguise checks when you know that you&apos;re being observed and you act in character.\n\nRisner: Fixed to be untrained" compset="Skill" replaces="kDisguise" uniqueness="unique">
    <fieldval field="kAbbrev" value="Disg"/>
    <link linkage="skillattr" thing="aCHA"/>
    </thing>
  </document>
This is new for me, how/where do I save it exactly? Do I copy and paste what you posted? Programming and code are not my strong areas.

Thanks
Vellcrow is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 5th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Create new text file called "Fixed-Disguise.user". Then paste the above XML into the the text file. Put that text file into your ProgramData\HeroLab\Data\d20 game folder.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Vellcrow

Old April 5th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Create new text file called "Fixed-Disguise.user". Then paste the above XML into the the text file. Put that text file into your ProgramData\HeroLab\Data\d20 game folder.
I guess I am doing something wrong. No matter which format I save it in, it does not take effect.

Here is where I am putting the text file:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Hero Lab\data\d20

I have tried word and notepad. Saved as XML, plain text, rich text...
Vellcrow is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 5th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Save it as a .user file
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 5th, 2013, 05:14 PM
You want plain text and make sure windows is not adding .txt to the end of the file name. In example it may have called it "Fixed-Disguise.user.txt" which means HL won't pick it up. It has to end in .user which to windows should be a unknown file type.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote