Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old February 8th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Sorry about that. Glad you were able to fix this. Unfortunately, as things get added, there's no way for me to know whether the new files will conflict with pre-existing user files not related to the community set. I suppose one option, though, as this grows is to separate the release so that Forgotten Realms is its own release (as well as Eberron and Ravenloft if they ever get larger than they currently are). Would people be in favor of this?
Sendric is offline   #201 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old February 8th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Had to remove them, Well that's somewhat of a let down. After all I went through to put them together.. Well, I wish there was more I could do to help blend them into your files.

If there is anything I can do to try and fix this I will do my best, especially since I'm going to be adding to them as I can.

And I wouldn't object to keeping them separate, but I'm not the one compiling them. So that's up to Sendric and Lawful_G.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #202 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 8th, 2014, 07:23 PM
It will be a lot of work, but one way of solving this is, lets say for the forgottens realm files, if you add a (FR) in front of the Unique ID (Example: Chosen of Mystra, UQ IN: cHelpChM and change the Uq ID:cHelpFRCM or something along those lines. It would solve a lot of the user files from conflicting). Just food for thought,you could do it to Eberron, such as EB in front and the like.

Like I said - A lot of work, but worth it in the long run.

Last edited by jbearwillis; February 8th, 2014 at 07:26 PM.
jbearwillis is offline   #203 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old February 9th, 2014, 03:32 AM
I can do that with some things but not all, cant do that with classes or spells because the character limitation on class abbreviations and wildcard searches. As for the regions, they have so many cross-linked references that if I change that I'd have hundreds of ids to change (in scripts).

Perhaps if you send me a copy of your Faerun file I could see specific examples of where your duplicates are and I could reduce the problem. (but probably not eliminate it). I intend to add alot of the of the prestige classes and content from the other Faerun books. So if you remove all of the new faerun books you'll be missing out, unless you have made stuff for in in which case I'll be wasting my time and you should send me what you have so I dont duplicate your efforts. =p

Last edited by TobyFox2002; February 9th, 2014 at 03:41 AM.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #204 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 9th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Also, you have to be careful about what gets changed. Changing thingids in the community set can cause issues with portfolios.
Sendric is offline   #205 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 9th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I can do that with some things but not all, cant do that with classes or spells because the character limitation on class abbreviations and wildcard searches. As for the regions, they have so many cross-linked references that if I change that I'd have hundreds of ids to change (in scripts)
You can do this with classes and Spells if you start off from the beginning naming the Unique ID to be different. Plus they even added a new feature into HL to make this easier. Under the Editor in "View" you can add your own "two digit" ID so that those two digits get added right away when you copy/new something.

Also for mass changing Unique ID's the .user files are just text. So you can open it in say TextPad and do a simple Find/Replace of the Unique ID. Character files .por are nothing more than a .zip file holding text files inside. Their are free tools that can Grep through .zip files doing a Find/Replace.

For classes what I have been doing is naming the cHelp??? with two letters that corresponds to the package and then a 0-9 and then A-Z. So for example for a Psion it would be cHelpPU0 which is Psionics Unleashed with 0 as the Unique ID. That gives me 36 base classes to add without the chance of running smack into someone else's stuff. As most people would add the Psion as cHelpPsi....

So things to think about.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #206 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 9th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I have no problems with the files myself, I was just giving suggestions on how to stop the errors. What I said to do I did in some pathfinder files I made and in the High-Space file I made in the savage worlds game so it wouldn't clash with other community files. It was just a suggestion to you guys for future. releases.

Like ShadowChemosh said, I use Notepad++ to edit the text in mass.
jbearwillis is offline   #207 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 13th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Copied from PM:

Quote:
I would like to report a problem with a recent build. I was trying to build a sword sage using the d20 software, and the following problems arose. First the feat Extra Maneuver, is not giving the extra maneuver. Second: Crusader Strike's abilities are showing up in the Moment of perfect mind maneuver, and the choice of Crusader;s Strike is absent from the menu.
I should have a fix for this tomorrow. Thanks for the report.

Edit: The Extra Readied Maneuver feat is working correctly. This increases the number of maneuvers you can have readied, not how many you know. The bug appears to be an incorrect description for Moment of Perfect Clarity. This has been fixed. Thanks for the report.

Last edited by Sendric; February 14th, 2014 at 05:13 AM.
Sendric is offline   #208 Reply With Quote
Bluephoenix

Old February 19th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Hey guys, been out of gaming and hero lab for a couple of years (life sucked) but back in and going again.

have a few things to point out that were loose ends of contributions I had made and were never fixed, I'll start with the worst of them:

in This Thread there is discussion of methods to add dex mod to damage, and this problem also applies to the "Champion of Corellon Larethian" PrC I did for the races of the wild book.

it seems that I never sent chemosh the revised version of the file with a similar solution to the above for the elegant strike class feature (currently just a non functional special) and the file has since been lost in 2 PC and house moves

also the class needs a name update, "larethian" is still typo'd in the class name.

Geometer still has an issue where the Glyph of warding spells are not added to the spellbook as part of the special if base class is wu-jen or wizard

the Runesmith PrC from RoS still has a non-functional special in permanent rune, mostly because I had no idea how to modify spells per day at the time, it also requires a spell selector to convert to an SPA (2/day). The class should also include ignore ASF from all armor and shield types, due to the rune magic special, but since that's a 1st level feature it could be done in base.

is there a procedure for submitting new files for the community set? I've accumulated a few odds and ends from stuff I regularly use, along with some material from mongoose publishing's Ultimate Equipment series. they're currently scattered across individual files so they don't get nuked by the community set updates.

I also have some bugfixed/updated versions of the stuff listed above.
Bluephoenix is offline   #209 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 20th, 2014, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluephoenix View Post
is there a procedure for submitting new files for the community set? I've accumulated a few odds and ends from stuff I regularly use, along with some material from mongoose publishing's Ultimate Equipment series. they're currently scattered across individual files so they don't get nuked by the community set updates.

I also have some bugfixed/updated versions of the stuff listed above.
Yup. Basically, you just email me the files and a list of changes/additions. My email address is sendric [at] gmail.com

Oh, and welcome back. Glad to see you around here again.
Sendric is offline   #210 Reply With Quote